Did naked navels cause the downfall of society?

I was channel surfing when I came across a program, where a gentleman was discussing how naked navels lead to the destruction of our civilization. There was a time when blouses met skirts/pants at the waist. Then blouse got shorter, and skirts/pants got lower- exposing the navel, which , of course, led us astray, causing the downfall of society. Apparently naked navels altered our values, which rippled down to the foundations of society.??????????

Just think if breasts were not so sexualized then females going topless would be perfectly acceptable..Cultures, where that is the norm, have no problem.
Yep, our view of what is acceptable and what isn't with respect to clothing isn't logical, its just what we have learned. People who have been nudists find nothing unusual about it. And topless on some European beaches is pretty normal.

Naked navels may be what led to thong bikini's which in turn led to fat old guys in speedos.

Sorry if the mental image of a fat old guy in a speedo is a mental image hard to get rid of, but I can visualize that as a breakdown rippling thru society :(

The lustful who punish beauty would be wiser to control lust.
Ain't nothing wrong with lust, properly focused. And I always appreciate seeing beauty.
Naked navels may be what led to thong bikini's which in turn led to fat old guys in speedos.
Not a mistake I have ever been tempted to make.

However, you may be right, I have seen a few I'd rather not have seen.

But what about men being able to show their bare chests out doors..but we women cannot?
Our HOA does not allow for men to be outdoors without a shirt on. Hard to believe, I know, but we have several men that should not even want to be outdoors without wearing a shirt.

OK, now don’t have a stroke, but my wife and I used to belong to a naturist association in the Tampa area. We owned a Casita and would spend long weekends there. It was wonderful. So relaxing and everyone being au naturel, was a way for everyone to feel equal made for a very friendly environment.

Our HOA does not allow for men to be outdoors without a shirt on. Hard to believe, I know, but we have several men that should not even want to be outdoors without wearing a shirt.

OK, now don’t have a stroke, but my wife and I used to belong to a naturist association in the Tampa area. We owned a Casita and would spend long weekends there. It was wonderful. So relaxing and everyone being au naturel, was a way for everyone to feel equal made for a very friendly environment.
No stroke here; that wouldn't be my cuppa tea but to each their own.

Back