Did one of your parents have much more a sense of humor than the other?

Dad had a great sense of humor. Mom had a delightful personality and she appreciated humor, but she wasn't humorous.

So far, everybody's saying Dad, funny, Mom, not so much.

It just occurred to me that, if they'd ever had a sense of humor, and they probably did, maybe our moms lost it when they were faced with cooking, cleaning, and wife and mother duties every single day, with more and more demands and less and less appreciation. Maybe, deep down, they were disillusioned and depressed over their shattered dreams and lost identity, and they just couldn't think funny.

My mom loved to clown for her grandchildren, though. They all thought she was the funniest gramma ever.

My dad had the sense of humor. He was so funny. We had the preacher over to our new house to bless it after we moved in and when this guy started spreading that incense around and chanting in Armenian, him and I lost it. Had a hard time containing our laughter.

My mother was the brainy one..but she could laugh too. No doubt about it.
Us 3 kids all got the funny gene.

My dad had a good sense of humour
He could easily laugh and be playful.
My mom was much more sarcastic and cynical. Her favourite thing to do was pick on my dad.
The opposite of my parents; my dad was the same as your mom, he was sarcastic and cynical when he was in a good mood, when he was in a bad mood, cover your ears from the yelling and screaming and look out for the furniture being thrown at the wall.

My mom started out with a good sense of humor (mostly, her dad was a jerk) but my dad soon ground it down out of her having to be married to him.

Dad's funniest line when we were growing up-

All of us 5 kids raided the fridge and left it bare one day. Dad was hungry so he opens the fridge...looks in...then slams the door shut and says...

"Great! I guess I'll have a butter sandwich!" :ROFLMAO:

The opposite of my parents; my dad was the same as your mom, he was sarcastic and cynical when he was in a good mood, when he was in a bad mood, cover your ears from the yelling and screaming and look out for the furniture being thrown at the wall.

My mom started out with a good sense of humor (mostly, her dad was a jerk) but my dad soon ground it down out of her having to be married to him.
My dad had a good sense of humour but he also had a vicious temper and took it out on me cause he could. The only thing my dad threw was me.

My dad was a hoarder and penny pincher so he would not dare throw anything. That would cost money.

I’m still grieving the loss of my dad and would rather remember the happier times cause there WERE happier times.

Last edited:
Mom was always serious and distressed about everything but dad was more easy going and able to laugh at life. I wouldn't say either of them were very funny but dad came closer for sure.

My dad was a very funny guy and everyone loved him. He spent a lot of time playing with us and taking us places. My mom was wonderful but not nearly as funny. The last time I went home my high school friends were reminiscing about how much fun my dad was when he took us places.

Dad was pretty straight laced but mom was easy going
Disclaimer: not my parents

ePdoBFv.jpeg

Last edited:

Back