Did You Accomplish Anything Today?

As far as today is going.........a big zero day.
BUT.....
Had a good week over all.......mowed grass......moved 2 yards of stones to my raised garden that i'm creating in the back......stones are on the driveway in the front, hauling them to the back.......counted 14 loads, using my 4 wheel cart, with a manual hoist.......my cart is a little bigger than a wheelbarrow......they didn't go as far as i thought they would......so i ordered another 2 yards.
If you're wondering why i had them dumped in the front......much easier shovelling them off of cement than the ground.

Had a major cleanup in the garage.......what i don't use very often, went to the storage shed, had 2 sitting benches in there, took one out, didn't need both in there, it'll go somewhere by my raised garden.
Lots of room in the garage now.

Did more sorting in the house as well.
All in all, had a good week.

Yesterday I helped a mate treat a cow with a sore on its udder, to try to stop flies making it worse, and allow infections into the tissue.

Today may not sound so impressive, but I managed to put a very awkward, difficult to access 3/8" unc bolt in place, to hold a tractor starter motor firmly in position! :whistle:(y) .
I'm impressed. I've been there and done that plenty of times. And dropped the nut a few times as well while trying. Sometimes only an open end wrench will work on both sides.
It needs two people.

Let the dog out, let the dog back in, fed the dog, cleaned a bathroom, took a shower, did a load of clothes, ate lunch, took a nap with the dog, played three games of on-line hearts, lost them all, turned on NPR to listen to "Moth Radio Hour," was too late, caught a show about how to cook a whole hog, made cookies instead.

I had another "pyromaniac" day today. I had a pile of tree limbs at the edge of the yard, and a big old stump nearby. So, I put a burn barrel on the stump and burned up all the branches. The stump will probably smolder for the next day or two, and then, at some point, I can dig it up with my tractor. This is a good time of year to do this kind of stuff, as everything is nice and green...no danger of starting a forest fire.
Now, a few minutes to cool down, then take a good shower, eat Supper, then probably fall asleep in the recliner with the TV on.

Had a lovely day out with Mrs Oy. We rode the "North Pennine Staycation Express" a heritage diesel hauled first class train along the famous Settle & Carlisle Railway from Skipton to Appleby and back, with a 3 hour break in Appleby for a walk about and some nice food. (Ok ok a beer too!) :D Of course - I took photos :)

I'm finished for the day but I think I did more than I realized:
  • Gave the old dog her five daily pills
  • Fed the old dog and the young dog
  • Made up the bed and cleaned the master bathroom
  • Made space in the storage room for some clutter I finally got off my kitchen cabinets.
  • Broke down some cardboard boxes and loaded up the recycle bin for Tuesday's pickup.
  • Searched for some copycat Starbucks recipes to use with my new Nespresso machine
  • Used the leaf blower on the patio
  • Watered container plants on patio

Anything accomplished....guess so....although I was up til 3 am last night, couldn't sleep, so in turn, slept in this morning, which i rarely ever do. Hate when that happens.

Went outside in the sun with my coffee this morning, then we had severe thunderstorms, so did a super fun 1 hr workout on my mini-trampoline (that I had on my iPad), and also did a 1 hr Essentrics workout. I didn't want to use my dvds and have the TV on, since the lightning was so intense.

Then, had some spinach-mushroom pizza and a beer.

Can think of other things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday night, but guess it's off to get lost in my dvr shows I've taped and live vicariously through them until I get back some assemblance of what my life used to be like. (Not related to Covid)

Such is life....for...now.

Last edited:
We were taking care of our son and daughter's in law's doggie...She is a sweat dog....We have fence around the yard so she couldn't get out...
She kept on going by the pine trees...They are very high....She seemed to know a doggie was over the gate...She didn't bark she just
stayed there and every once and a while she would come over to us....Then she would run around the pool and come back and get some
water in the bowl...She never barked....Our son and daughter in law are back home, and we miss our friend....
I know our son will be over tomorrow, he takes doggie in the car .. She loves it.... That was our 2 days with doggie....

Rapidly becoming an underground success. :) Just re-sealed another Injector pump on a friends tractor. That makes 4 in the last month. Been putting away that money to use in the motor home as we're getting her ready to hit the road.
Also sanded and re-stained a headboard we picked up on marketplace for the bed.
Along with the usual walk around the property trails with the little furry ones.
Did find time to take a dip in the pool as it's been in the high 90's.

As far as today is going.........a big zero day.
BUT.....(Break)
If you're wondering why i had them dumped in the front, (2 yards of stone)....much easier shovelling them off of cement than the ground.

Had a major cleanup in the garage.......what i don't use very often, went to the storage shed, had 2 sitting benches in there, took one out, didn't need both in there, it'll go somewhere by my raised garden.
Lots of room in the garage now.

Did more sorting in the house as well.
All in all, had a good week.
I wasn't wondering why stone was dumped in front yard, (I'd assumed tipper truck could not get round back), but I am now? Shovelling off a ply sheet at back might have been okay, unless you needed exercise wheeling stone? :unsure: .

I wasn't wondering why stone was dumped in front yard, (I'd assumed tipper truck could not get round back), but I am now? Shovelling off a ply sheet at back might have been okay, unless you needed exercise wheeling stone? :unsure: .
No way to get into the back with the huff and loader. The plywood idea is a good one.......once i have the garden frames set in, i'll be gettin soil, hope to put a tarp down for the dirt to be dumped on........will have to use the driveway as well.

Canned 22 half pints of peach butter. Bought 25 pounds of peaches Wednesday. Gave 12 peaches to my aunt and parents and I ate a couple. All the rest has simmered all day with key lime juice and a little sugar and is now in jars. And I'm tired!
Ooh, that sounds so yummy! I'd like to spread some on my rye bread along with a pat of butter! :giggle:

Back