Did you like your mother in law?

She was ok, but she did not like me. She was a heavy smoker and died fairly soon after we got married. My father-in-law lived to be 100. He was a fine man all his life...although he never remarried.

My M-I-L thought I walked on water. She was always asking me “ How do you get those big airplanes up in the air? I think that’s amazing.”
I would tell her that it was an act of God.

Here’s my granddaughter sitting in an older Boeing-737 plane at Boeing in Renton, WA. It’s where United sends their new pilots while in training.

SAM_1810_Original.jpeg

My M-I-L thought I walked on water. She was always asking me “ How do you get those big airplanes up in the air? I think that’s amazing.”
I would tell her that it was an act of God.

Here’s my granddaughter sitting in an older Boeing-737 plane at Boeing in Renton, WA. It’s where United sends their new pilots while in training.

View attachment 309489
I apologize. I’m wrong about the plane. This looks more like an old military plane of maybe a 707. I wasn’t with her when the demonstrator took her to the plane, so I never saw it.

My first marriage no. She wouldnt clip the apron strings or sray out of our business. It didn't help that my first husband had an unnatural, clingy relationship with her. Current husband's mother passed before we were married so I didnt meet her.

My mother-in-law was a sweet, caring woman. We were very different but we all wanted it to work and it did. She and her husband died too early in a terrible automobile accident. Happy that we had had a couple of decades as family.

My MIL was in VT, Us in NC... what was not to love...
Then she move to NC for a VISIT.... took 18 Months to get her out our house.
The wife says she loves my Mother more than her own, And she has lived within 2 miles from us since 1985

Back