Did you see this?

Photo Shop.

Or a dirty lens on the camera, the bottom right
looks like fabric.

Mike.
Not photoshop. This has clean sharp edges which intrigues me.
These were from the new photos they added on 8-04-2022 from the James Webb telescope.
I find this SO FASCINATING! Can you imagine the enormity of this?
They show these on U-tube daily as the new photos come in. Check it out.
These are photos of the multiverse!

Did you see this?​

I would love to have seen that, Gaer, but here in the UK there are very few locations without light pollution, unless you live somewhere remote away from the towns. :)

Did you see this?​

I would love to have seen that, Gaer, but here in the UK there are very few locations without light pollution, unless you live somewhere remote away from the towns. :)
Not visible to naked eye. One of photos from the James Webb deep space telescope. They are postig new images pretty much daily. They are all beautiful, intriguing and somewhat humbling. Leaving me awestruck and with similar feeling to Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot".

Photo Shop.

Or a dirty lens on the camera, the bottom right
looks like fabric.

Mike.
Various filters are used, but not to make the photos more gorgeous; scientists use filters that either enhance or create colors that specifically indicate the types of stuff these cosmic bodies are made of and how much of it is there. For example, hydrogen shows up as a certain color....blue, I think, but I could be wrong.

Makes me feel extremely insignificant.
Well, It makes me incredibly aware of the unimaginable creative intelligence and organization in the cosmos.
This is only visual. Imagine the sounds, the scents, the feelings, the movements.
How anyone can look at these and still believe we are the only ones in existence or that
nothingness is after the death of the body is beyond me.

main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb.jpg

Gaer, I already copied this photo from the Webb telescope, and showed it in the thread about God having a "plan." Like you, I was awed by the size and majesty of the universe, which our very limited minds can't even begin to imagine. This was only one of many gorgeous pictures that appeared when I googled "James Webb telescope images." Check it out if you haven't yet.

Back