Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here...I used to think purgatory made sense when it was explained as also a place for unbaptized babies, but I have long ago given up many beliefs I used to accept as a child in Catholic school
How did they make money off purgatory?? PLEASE don't tell me you could buy someone's soul out of purgatory :oops:
Yes you do, did you really not want me to tell you?

...I am beginning to believe in reincarnation or perhaps multidimensions or parallel universes. I have a hard time accepting there is this life then only heaven or hell..
I understand the death bed conversion, but still, considering the different experiences and privileges and struggles people have, I have a tough time believing we only get one shot and then judgment.
I hear you and get that. But, like you, Christians DO believe we will come back to Earth and live in new bodies here on Earth BUT without pain, no suffering, no evil...in perfect peace. But we can't have that peace on earth if God is going to give second chances to all the unbelievers with baggage who want to bring all that garbage and evil doings with them that they are still trying to work off and atone for on their own. No can do

Christians are willing right now to lay all that baggage down by accepting forgiveness for all of it this very minute offered to all for free through Jesus just by saying yes I accept. I Can Only Imagine what it will be like to live here on earth where there will be no sin, no suffering, no sadness...only joy, peace, love, harmony. I'm not going to miss out on that. But I will miss out on an eternity of Hell.

So, Serenity...it's kind of like reincarnation as we'll have new bodies and a new life...but no work, no pain, no evil...only joy, only love.
Here's the song "I Can Only Imagine"

Last edited:
Yes after they die to this world ..because I am beginning to believe in reincarnation or perhaps multidimensions or parallel universes. I have a hard time accepting there is this life then only heaven or hell..well perhaps Catholicism still teaches purgatory?
I understand the death bed conversion, but still, considering the different experiences and privileges and struggles people have, I have a tough time believing we only get one shot and then judgment.
My conclusion exactly. With all the different experiences I’ve had I have to believe there are multidimensional and / or parallel universes where time doesn’t exist like it does while humanly incarnated.

Same here...I used to think purgatory made sense when it was explained as also a place for unbaptized babies, but I have long ago given up many beliefs I used to accept as a child in Catholic school
How did they make money off purgatory?? PLEASE don't tell me you could buy someone's soul out of purgatory :oops:
There’s so many parts I don’t understand about the Catholic religion but when my husband told me this part, I was completely shocked. It sort of goes along with the same belief that one could murder someone but if they confessed their sins, they are good to go. Just like that. 😬😳

It was called the selling of indulgences, wherein a person could buy his/her way out of sins, etc. The selling of indulgences was one of the promptings that caused The Reformation (Martin Luther)

Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell​

I don't believe that I will be reincarnated as a cat, I don't believe that a "creator" is as superstitious as man, I don't believe that I will receive 72 virgins in the afterlife, I don't believe that Santa Claus can fit through my chimney, I do not believe that the money of the filthy rich will "trickle down" into my pockets, I do not believe that a talent scout will discover me and make me famous, I do not believe that blondes have more fun, and I do not believe in an eternal hell.

There are soooo many misconceptions, wrong statements, misleading comments here on the Catholic faith it's unbelievable.
If you don't know, just say so. Please.
I was trying to stay away and bite my lip but it started to bleed after reading some of these posts.
The OP question is "Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell". Your reaction is "If you don't know, just say so". "If you don't know" what? Don't know if we believe? You cannot be saying if we don't know whether or not there's an eternal hell, because no one knows. No one. Nobody.

Last edited:
There are soooo many misconceptions, wrong statements, misleading comments here on the Catholic faith it's unbelievable.
If you don't know, just say so. Please.
I was trying to stay away and bite my lip but it started to bleed after reading some of these posts.
So if you know the answer to the question, perhaps you could enlighten us all. (?)(!)🤷‍♀️
Then we’d ALL know. 😅

"Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell?"

Golly! What an easy question. Everyone knows the right answer to that!

Attachments

• eternal hell.jpg
    eternal hell.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 5
It was called the selling of indulgences, wherein a person could buy his/her way out of sins, etc. The selling of indulgences was one of the promptings that caused The Reformation (Martin Luther)
Well, I could have have known that, maybe 😂, if I googled it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ People want to be so exact these days. 😂

I hear you and get that. But, like you, Christians DO believe we will come back to Earth and live in new bodies here on Earth BUT without pain, no suffering, no evil...in perfect peace. But we can't have that peace on earth if God is going to give second chances to all the unbelievers with baggage who want to bring all that garbage and evil doings with them that they are still trying to work off and atone for on their own. No can do

Christians are willing right now to lay all that baggage down by accepting forgiveness for all of it this very minute offered to all for free through Jesus just by saying yes I accept. I Can Only Imagine what it will be like to live here on earth where there will be no sin, no suffering, no sadness...only joy, peace, love, harmony. I'm not going to miss out on that. But I will miss out on an eternity of Hell.

So, Serenity...it's kind of like reincarnation as we'll have new bodies and a new life...but no work, no pain, no evil...only joy, only love.
Here's the song "I Can Only Imagine"

Some Christians believe the way you do, I am sure, but not ALL Christians. I can imagine what it would be to live on earth as well, with no sin. BORING 😍

The OP question is "Do You Believe in an Eternal Hell". Your reaction is "If you don't know, just say so". "If you don't know" what? Don't know if we believe? You cannot be saying if we don't know whether or not there's an eternal hell, because no one knows. No one. Nobody.
Well, hmm, God might know, JC might know, some of the other deities might know. But humans, nope, we don’t really know so I kind of agree, sort of

There were a bunch of bad clergy that wanted to increase the coffers, so they came up with the idea of selling indulgences.

The problem with priests is that they are human and are sinners like the rest of us.

The practice has been outlawed since the 1500's

Why did I jump back into this thread? I must be a glutton for punishment.

OK tell you what.
Why don't you all start talking about the Spanish Inquisition? Or pedophile priests, or gay priests, corrupt priests,
priests with addictions.
If you ever took tour of Hell you would find many priests, bishops, and cardinals.

there is a saying the road to Hell is paved by many well intentioned bishops.
Well thank you kindly for your explanation.
My husband says that his dad had a friend who’s father passed away when he was very young so the son went fishing with my husbands grandfather to support the family. The son had already lit the candles which he PAID for to get his father from purgatory into heaven. The priest walked by and told this boy, who was working extra hard to support his family, said his father was almost out of purgatory. He just needed a few more candles and the boy said “Father, dad is like a rat, if his head will fit through a hole, his butt will squeeze in behind him.”

And that was the end of that so instead of trying to help this unfortunate family, they tried to push for more money.

My husband is younger than me so this wasn’t anywhere near the 1500’s. Just sayin.’

I live in hell! When it takes over 2 hours to get a live voice from the taxation people you know you live in hell! Can't see them in person because they have locked themselves in. While waiting on the phone for over 2 hours, they play for you 3 short classical pieces over and over and over and over and over. Too think that we used to laugh at communist countries. HA! I think I'm gona have several strong shots of rum after this "deal" is over. They want our money ASAP but they sure don't want to see us or help us do our taxes. My "home sweet home", HELL, Canada!

There’s so many parts I don’t understand about the Catholic religion but when my husband told me this part, I was completely shocked. It sort of goes along with the same belief that one could murder someone but if they confessed their sins, they are good to go. Just like that. 😬😳
Yeah, I remember asking a very relig. Christian--don't remember whether Catholic or Protestant--about what would happen if a "saved" Christian woman, totally through no fault of her own, was raped and murdered, would she go to Heaven? Christian: Yep. Me: Then what would happen if, after she died, her rapist & murderer converted to Christianity and was "saved." Would he go to Heaven too? Christian: Yep. Me: Well, wouldn't it spoil Heaven for her if she ran into the SOB up there? Christian: Well, no because God would take away her memory of him and what he did to her. Me: But if you take such a huge memory like that away from someone, they're not themselves anymore since our memories make us what and who we are; she wouldn't be her anymore. Christian: [blank stare]. .

Yeah, I remember asking a very relig. Christian--don't remember whether Catholic or Protestant--about what would happen if a "saved" Christian woman, totally through no fault of her own, was raped and murdered, would she go to Heaven? Christian: Yep. Me: Then what would happen if, after she died, her rapist & murderer converted to Christianity and was "saved." Would he go to Heaven too? Christian: Yep. Me: Well, wouldn't it spoil Heaven for her if she ran into the SOB up there? Christian: Well, no because God would take away her memory of him and what he did to her. Me: But if you take such a huge memory like that away from someone, they're not themselves anymore since our memories make us what and who we are; she wouldn't be her anymore. Christian: [blank stare]. .
How would anyone know whether a saved Christian woman would pass the judgement of God and JC and enter heaven or hell, for that matter. No one knows and, IMO, it is the ultimate of arrogance to claim to know.

You have to be dead to be judged. The woman, right before she died could have wounded her rapist, and if he died later, then she would also be a murderer; and she would have no time to repent or even know her of her crime.

We can be believers or not, we can believe in heaven and/or hell, or not. What we believe does not matter, actually. We will be judged by a deity or the worms, those are the real choices. 😂. So which do we all believe in a deity or the worms. Time will tell. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back