Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Never, or only on special occasions

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Women who leave their purses sitting in the top of the grocery cart frustrate me. They say they’re attached to the cart or watching. I know I could have easily reached in many of these.
I little story;

Wally world

Wife has to use the restroom.
Left me her shopping cart, said to watch it.
I ended up in the TV section
Sports were on
Five or ten minutes, I glanced at the cart
Her purse was.....GONE!!!
I ran up to the front check out area
Grabbed a manager looking fellow
Had him lock the place down
I'm scanning anybody with big coats

Meanwhile, wife hears an announcement over the intercom
Her name was in the announcement

She sees people with walkie talkies
Comes runnin' to the front......with.....her purse

She doesn't trust me with her cart anymore

I carry a handbag but limit what is in it. A thin wallet with a few cards and some cash. Many times I've seen women pull out an overstuffed wallet (purse) which contains more cards than there are slots for, their checkbook, cash, miscellaneous receipts, and heaven knows what else. Every time, I just want to nudge them and ask if they have ever thought what would happen if they lost it or it got stolen?

At the beginning of the pandemic when the stores encouraged us to use cards to pay, I quit carrying cash. I re-evaluated my wallet with all the loonies and toonies and bills and downsized to a small crossbody. It’s amazing how I can get by with so much less.

I always bring my shoulder bag with me because it contains stuff I might need while I'm out. Y'know, tissues, comb, compact, mints, lip balm, pens, and water bottles. However, I rarely carry it into a store. I just grab my wallet out of my bag and take it with me because all I need when shopping is cash or credit cards.

I always bring my shoulder bag with me because it contains stuff I might need while I'm out. Y'know, tissues, comb, compact, mints, lip balm, pens, and water bottles. However, I rarely carry it into a store. I just grab my wallet out of my bag and take it with me because all I need when shopping is cash or credit cards.
I learned my lesson doing that. I left my wallet on counter. I have to visually see my big handbag in front of me to remind me to stick my wallet in it.

The person who found the wallet found my cell number and called me.

So, this Ole gal always uses a handbag.

The young couple refused a reward.

Just a very thin leather bifold card holder for cards/ID
and a money clip
Those go in my front left pocket

Keys in the right front pocket
I do something exactly like Gary O! Next I'll have an ax over my shoulder!

I put driver's license, credit card and cash, in the left pocket and keys in the right. I gave up my purse the day I started needing a cane and that's also why I don't have a cell phone. I have to have one hand free for opening doors and shopping!

I do something exactly like Gary O! Next I'll have an ax over my shoulder!

I put driver's license, credit card and cash, in the left pocket and keys in the right. I gave up my purse the day I started needing a cane and that's also why I don't have a cell phone. I have to have one hand free for opening doors and shopping!
you should really have a cell phone for emergencies Della, the world has moved on , and it's got to the point where you can hardly do anything without one. Get a cheap one, and keep it in a pocket when you go out, or even hang it round your neck.. just for your own safety

Back