Do You Ever Get TOO SERIOUS?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I have to say that I do. I was thinking it was the end of just everything today...now that's too serious because it's not...or at least I hope it's not!

How about you?

I probably get too serious too often. But I am around quite a few people who view anything at all seriously. Maybe it's a balance?

I know what you mean but what about TOO serious?
Guess I never considered 'too serious'
My anger is usually what I have to deal with
Thing is, I'm easy goin'
I stay easy goin'
Folks misread that in me
Until it's waaaay too late
And then, well, it's too late
Been that way early on
Seeing the look on the other kid's faces after I lost it kinda scared even me
My failure
My fault

Guess TOO late could be TOO serious at times

Guess I never considered 'too serious'
My anger is usually what I have to deal with
Thing is, I'm easy goin'
I stay easy goin'
Folks misread that in me
Until it's waaaay too late
And then, well, it's too late
Been that way early on
Seeing the look on the other kid's faces after I lost it kinda scared even me
My failure
My fault

Guess TOO late could be TOO serious at times
I'm not sure but being taken advantage can piss a person off too..

I tend to stay pretty mellow UNTIL someone crosses the line, as I see it. Then, I've been told, I can be one seriously scary, po'd guy. I've only had four physical fights in my life. All were rights of passage in my teens and early twenties. Nobody was seriously hurt.

At four years of age, my Mom told me to stop bouncing my ball in our enclosed back porch. I lost my temper and socked out a plate of glass in the French door. Seeing my left arm gushing blood, through roughly torn skin, and watching as the ER Doc sewed me up, sans anesthesia, was the best early lesson in temper control that anyone could ever have. I have a feeling it saved me from becoming an easily irate hothead. To this day, the doctor's assurances aside, I still bear that scar. It's a constant reminder to stay cool under pressure.

In school, college included, I tended to be the class cut-up (no pun intended). Whenever folks got too serious, I tried to crack everyone up. I usually succeeded.

I tend to stay pretty mellow UNTIL someone crosses the line, as I see it. Then, I've been told, I can be one seriously scary, po'd guy. I've only had four physical fights in my life. All were rights of passage in my teens and early twenties. Nobody was seriously hurt.

At four years of age, my Mom told me to stop bouncing my ball in our enclosed back porch. I lost my temper and socked out a plate of glass in the French door. Seeing my left arm gushing blood, through roughly torn skin, and watching as the ER Doc sewed me up, sans anesthesia, was the best early lesson in temper control that anyone could ever have. I have a feeling it saved me from becoming an easily irate hothead. To this day, the doctor's assurances aside, I still bear that scar. It's a constant reminder to stay cool under pressure.

In school, college included, I tended to be the class cut-up (no pun intended). Whenever folks got too serious, I tried to crack everyone up. I usually succeeded.
Having a sense of humor is a good thing.😀

YES! I joke around a lot and like the lighter side of life BUT I can switch over and become FAR TOO SERIOUS. Sometimes even scarily so. 😬😧
I’m happy to learn that many other have a too serious side also. I’ve been told it’s from having a passionate personality

Yes I do, I think life and the need to be responsible for the care of my children just pulled the carefree nature out of me. :(
Why do you think that happened LC?.... most of us here have had kids, some of us in difficult circumstances... and we've all still got our sense of humour.. I'm sorry if something bad happened to you..

Why do you think that happened LC?.... most of us here have had kids, some of us in difficult circumstances... and we've all still got our sense of humour.. I'm sorry if something bad happened to you..
Many difficult circumstances (sorry I’ve got to keep this private) but believe me humor can be squeezed out of you. I’m sure there are others who have changed over the years due to tragic circumstances.

Back