Do You Feel You Are Free?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
Oh yeah, I'm certainly free. I can walk down the street....I am free to get assaulted by gun or by people, I am free to get robbed, I am free to be spied on any time of the day on the internet, I am free to get gunned down by a lunatic at any time, I am free to watch the news that puts me in perpetual paranoia, I am free to keep fearing world wars coming at any second and there is just so much more!! This is all said with a hint of sarcasm which I'm famous for.

Are you free?

There is more to life I'm sure, just can't see it now.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm free to do what I want to do, but that's probably because nothing I want to do involves leaving the house. 🤣

I don't worry much these days. While it's true that there's probably a sh*tstorm brewing in the U.S. which may take the form of a civil war, and we may be on the verge of nuclear war in Eastern Europe, and the economy may collapse any time because of the enormous debt and inflation, I kind of feel like I'll be able to watch it unfold as a spectator from my little world... the land that time forgot.

I feel like I'm free to do what I want to do, but that's probably because nothing I want to do involves leaving the house. 🤣

I don't worry much these days. While it's true that there's probably a sh*tstorm brewing in the U.S. which may take the form of a civil war, and we may be on the verge of nuclear war in Eastern Europe, and the economy may collapse any time because of the enormous debt and inflation, I kind of feel like I'll be able to watch it unfold as a spectator from my little world... the land that time forgot.
I hear you! What's next I wonder 🤔

I think of myself as independent as opposed to free, but I suppose I'm as free as anyone in a civilized society can be.

“Freedom: To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.” - Ayn Rand

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Very interesting Bea.😉

No. I feel manipulated by entities beyond my control, as most of us are, except the wealthiest who make their own choices. We're corralled and forced to fight with each other almost everyday about this or that, it's always something freshly alarming, and people keep buying into the fight game. I do remember a time in the twentieth century when we were more of one heart and one mind moving towards greater freedom for everyone. We weren't so easy to push around back then and I do dearly miss that time because we were so much closer to capturing something we'll never lay our hands on again.
:unsure:

Last edited:
None of us is truly free. Imagine if we all did exactly what we wish to....there would be chaos. There must be some control over people's actions. However, I feel our lives are restricted far more than they should be. We must conform in so many ways. Who has the right to dictate what we think , believe and say?
A thread like this can quickly become political!

here in the UK I don't feel Free... not as I once did. We're the most watched public in the western world apparently with CCTV covering the every move outside of our homes than any other.. whether that's inside buildings or in the street where we live or work, and play..

We're certainly not free to have 'Free Speech''.. lest it's twisted and reported by the woke, as offensive...

Britain where the flag was flown high due to our Freedom for centuries .. brought to it's knees by Big Brother and the Woke and Snowflake community...so sad, it's like I live in a different Country to the one in which I was born and raised..

here in the UK I don't feel Free... not as I once did. We're the most watched public in the western world apparently with CCTV covering the every move outside of our homes than any other.. whether that's inside buildings or in the street where we live or work, and play..

We're certainly not free to have 'Free Speech''.. lest it's twisted and reported by the woke, as offensive...

Britain where the flag was flown high due to our Freedom for centuries .. brought to it's knees by Big Brother and the Woke and Snowflake community...so sad, it's like I live in a different Country to the one in which I was born and raised..
Ditto, but I do and say pretty much what I want. I am just more careful who I say it to. I have a close friend that works for the DHS. I trust him, so I am upfront with him. I told him how I feel about our FBI and the DHS agents. He knows how I feel about this government and he must trust me because he mostly agrees that our government has never been more corrupt than it is today. Mayorkas, his boss is included. I am getting pretty close to politics, so I need to stop.

Back