Do you get tired of some of the music you've loved in the past?

asp3

Do you find that there are artists that you used to play a lot in the past and loved that you have no interesting in hearing anymore? Do you also have artists where you used listen to most or all of their songs but you only listen to a few now?

This is definitely true for me for the artists I started listening to in the 60's, 70's and 80's and to a lesser degree the artists I started listening to in the 90's. I'm also finding that most of the artists I started listening to since about 2000 on are still about as interesting and engaging to me as they have been.

I think one of the reasons this might be is because I rarely listen to albums anymore. I think not getting a big dose of an artist keeps me wanting more and being interested when a song of theirs plays for me.

However this is just conjecture and I don't really know the reason. It may just be that most music has a 20 year expiration period for me and I'll start getting tired of more of the stuff I started listening to around 2000.

I still really love the music from my teen years. Not only do I love the singers and the songs but the memories they bring back to me.My son and daughter grew up in the 70's and I liked a lot of those songs also. As far as more recent ones I like some but not many.

I liked our music of the 60s,70s and a few 80s.I also liked some classic I heard growing up.
I don't care for much after the 1970s really.I do like to dance for exercise to a couple rap songs,Ice Ice Baby and , Can't Touch This.
1961 Jackie Wilson Workout is also good exercise music.

I have listened to some of the newer music of today. Some I like but a lot of it sucks. And the videos are bizarre. I like a wider variety now than I used to.

The 70's was my era, when I was a teen .. I still love 70's music to this day... and also although I was just a child in the 60's I love the music from then too...!

There are certain artists that I enjoyed more back in the day that I don't really listen to any more..off the top of my head.. Phil Collins, Robert Palmer..just as an example, but on the whole, the music I enjoyed back then, I still enjoy today.

I get tired of some music then set it aside for a good while and come back to it at a later date.

I still love listening to many of my cds but some are on hold. I alternate between various genres and different media to keep it interesting.

I love the 60's music, why would I ever get tired of it!

The Beatles, the Doors, the Monkees, the Rolling Stones, the Moody Blues, the Beach Boys, Simon and Garfunkel. There were many one time songs from singles that I still listen to today. I could go on and on.

p.s. my oldest son has a new record player that plays albums.
Yes they've all come back into fashion now..Vinyl Albums, so.. manufacturers have been making record players again.:D.. . Those of us who disposed of our Vinyl when CD"s came out are kicking our own backsides...

I really enjoyed all the music we had when I was growing up. The Elvis era and rock and roll was getting popular. The country music today, can’t hold a candle to the original country music. Enjoyed big band music although it was starting to lose ground in the 50s.

p.s. my oldest son has a new record player that plays albums.

Yes they've all come back into fashion now..Vinyl Albums, so.. manufacturers have been making record players again.:D.. . Those of us who disposed of our Vinyl when CD"s came out are kicking our own backsides...

Yep, vinyl is quite "in" these days. Frankly I don't miss it that much. I do understand that the music does sound warmer and fuller than digital recordings but for me it isn't worth all of the clicks and pops and only being able to play 20 to 25 minutes of music without having to turn over the record.

I certainly am sorry I got rid of most of my vinyl when I did. Although there are lots of things I wouldn't be listening to these days I could have sold them as vintage vinyl.

When it comes to 50's music, there's a lot I like, but when it comes to the 60's and 70's, wow, never tire of it!

A majority of what's coming out today IMO is fit for the toilet! I can't stand any of it. Aside from lacking any sort of musicality, it's all the same, just a bunch of high notes, screeching, and banging.

The early rock 'n' roll I loved in the 50s .... I still love.
Do you like Doo Wop? Definitely my favorite. I have been to probably 30-40 different Doo Wop concerts. I have seen a few of the groups a few times. Surprising to some, I am NOT a Bill Haley fan. Some of the Doo Wop songs and singing groups did roll over into the early '60's like the Shirelles. R&B would be my next favorite. I really like Country (classic), but that's in a different category of its own.

Do you like Doo Wop? Definitely my favorite. I have been to probably 30-40 different Doo Wop concerts. I have seen a few of the groups a few times. Surprising to some, I am NOT a Bill Haley fan. Some of the Doo Wop songs and singing groups did roll over into the early '60's like the Shirelles. R&B would be my next favorite. I really like Country (classic), but that's in a different category of its own.

Yeah, I like doo-wop R&B, just as much as rock-a-billy and straight old time rock 'n' roll.

In the early 70s, I loved listening to an oldies DJ from NC who played the more obscure songs, much of it doo-wop. Most oldies jocks played the hits you heard a million times so it was a treat to hear the more obscure songs, quite a few of which I heard for the 1st time.

No interested in hearing anymore? I can't get enough of my music! I play albums and 45's everyday! My dog loves my music too! He sits and listens and we dance around together! Yes, I'm crazy! Don't CARE! People have told me multiple times my taste in music should evolve to what is being played now. What? RAP?
My SOUL LOVES these old hits from the 50's and early 60's! This is a part of me. R & B, instrumentals, R & R, Do wop? Give me that old Rock and Roll music!

No interested in hearing anymore? I can't get enough of my music! I play albums and 45's everyday! My dog loves my music too! He sits and listens and we dance around together! Yes, I'm crazy! Don't CARE! People have told me multiple times my taste in music should evolve to what is being played now. What? RAP?
My SOUL LOVES these old hits from the 50's and early 60's! This is a part of me. R & B, instrumentals, R & R, Do wop? Give me that old Rock and Roll music!
I dance with my dog too..lol And yes, Rap is for the birds, most of it anyhow.

There are a few songs that I still love but avoid now because of hearing them so many times. "Stairway to Heaven" and "Hotel California" jump in my mind first as examples.

I guess I love a lot of different generations of music. Growing up music was almost always on. I loved the music my parents played and of course the music of my generation. Bandstand was filmed in Philadelphia in the early years when I was growing up and I watched it everyday. My Dad had a friend who had a job filling jukeboxes and every few weeks he gave me and my sister dozens of records. I would get thrilled when he gave them to us . Those were the days !

Yes, I’ve tired of country. I’ve tired of Gospel which has been around me most of my life, and I like some jazz. I’m looking for a new sound, I think.

My Dad had a friend who had a job filling jukeboxes and every few weeks he gave me and my sister dozens of records. I would get thrilled when he gave them to us . Those were the days !

Man oh man, you lucked out. 45s even way back in the 50s were $1 in record stores and maybe 89 cents in the 5 and 10 stores. Lotta $ back then. In your shoes, I'd've thought I died and went to heaven.

I think LPs were $2.98 or $3.98. So one day I'm downtown with some cash received for having "graduated" from 8th grade (age 14) and the dime store had the 1st Buddy Holly LP! Like WOW! Problem was that I was 25 cents short. Even if I had the 25 cents and bought the album, I'd've still needed to walk home rather than take the street car, a good long hike.

That's OK it would be worth it. Being naive and ignorant, I approached people like a bum and asked for a quarter. Typical response was, "Big strong guy like you ought to be working instead of panhandling." Didn't know any better.

Went back into the store, stared mournfully at the album, and the teenage girl behind the counter read my mind and took pity. This soul who was probably making less than $1 an hour gave me the quarter.

Walked home that day with the prize under my arm but mom was PO'd when I told her about approaching strangers asking for money.

I was brought up on Old School Bluegrass and Country(Earl Scruggs, Lester Flatts) and I do stumble back to that from time to time, but I do find myself listening to more contemporary Bluegrass/Country artists like Alison Krauss, Alison Brown, and Sierra Hull. I still have the roots daddy gave me though.

No interested in hearing anymore?

It's not that I'm not interested in hearing music anymore, it's that artists I used to love and play all the time hold no interest for me anymore. Some of the ones that come to mind for me are Jethro Tull, Rick Wakeman, Tom Petty and others. I prefer what I'm listening to now and really don't have any desire to hear them again. I do appreciate the skills and artistry that I used to love, but other skills and artistry thrill me more these days.

I used to dance with our first dog .. he had his front paws on my shoulder, and we would go around and around the room to the records :)

Back