Do You Have A Long Term Care Policy LTC ?

Lon

I purchased mine the year I retired at age 57 (26 years ago). I am glad I didn't wait until I was older because it would almost be cost prohibitive now. I looked at the policy this morning and discovered that there were some benefits that I just might be covered for in light of my most recent hospitalization and use of professional CAREGIVERS.

One of my friends husband has Alzheimer's and she recently had to put him in a care facility. They had bought LTC years ago and she said she's so glad they did. The bill per month is $6k. Fortunately it is covered. First 3 months she had to pay for it.

I have one. My late husband and I purchased it when we were much younger, which made it affordable. We used it for home health care near the end of his life, and were glad we had it.

We took out a policy perhaps 30 years ago. The last statement shows we are each covered for up to $500k if we become disabled. I am hoping that when our time comes, we go quickly, and all this policy money is just wasted....rather than living in a semi-vegetative state for months/years. The way my luck runs, if I plan ahead, I seldom need it, but if I try to cut corners, I pay the price.

Back