Do you have ceiling fans?

Thinking back to our last 5 homes in California,they all had ceiling fans. Now in Idaho,our home has one in every room-including the kitchen. I don`t care much for them because they really irritate my eyes after a while.
Without knowing anything else, except few people ever mention it bothering their eyes,
it is quite possible that drinking four to eight glasses of distilled water every day will prevent the eye trouble , at least it does in some cases. Also, for myself and hearing from others likewise, get inexpensive coconut oil and use as needed. - close the eyelid and rub a tiny bit of the oil on the outside-rim of the eyelid gently. This even eliminates eye infections ! /so far anyway, for years/

Without knowing anything else, except few people ever mention it bothering their eyes,
it is quite possible that drinking four to eight glasses of distilled water every day will prevent the eye trouble , at least it does in some cases. Also, for myself and hearing from others likewise, get inexpensive coconut oil and use as needed. - close the eyelid and rub a tiny bit of the oil on the outside-rim of the eyelid gently. This even eliminates eye infections ! /so far anyway, for years/
If the ceiling fans here were free of dust, I would turn them on. One is in use at times. The fans haven't been dusted in a while, so I'm afraid to chance the dust due to my sinus. I have a table fan too, and air conditioning. I've only noticed trouble with my eyes since living at this location, and more worry with sinus than earlier times. I'll try what you suggest. I took your apple cider advice, and my sinus trouble is almost completely clear. Thank you.

Yup, got one in the living room. Got to say that it does work well.
Just realized , while working ceiling fans have almost always been great whether in a home or business (I like the pictures/movies of Panama, etc, of cabanas? with large ceiling fans, no ac) I now live where there are four rooms with a ceiling fan, but none of the usable.
However, one large evaporative fan that blows air thru the whole residence has worked constantly for over a year and brought down the electric bill almost 50%, and even without the water running in it. It still feels good on warm to hot days.

I have three ceiling fans in my small apartment.
... and I keep the fan in the A/C unit running most of the time too.

Also, outdoor porch/patio ceiling fans are popular around here.
iu

Last edited:
If the ceiling fans here were free of dust, I would turn them on. One is in use at times. The fans haven't been dusted in a while, so I'm afraid to chance the dust due to my sinus. I have a table fan too, and air conditioning. I've only noticed trouble with my eyes since living at this location, and more worry with sinus than earlier times. I'll try what you suggest. I took your apple cider advice, and my sinus trouble is almost completely clear. Thank you.
One thing I find with ceiling fans, they collect dust quickly.

The fans in my life:

Brooklyn Projects: Fans? I mean seriously.

Hempstead: No AC so fans on top of small furniture.

Central Islip: No AC, no fans but windows opened when needed. Screened of course.

First house in Brooklyn: AC, no fans.

Second house in Queens: Heat pump and ceiling fans.

Third house in the "boonies" Hopewell Junction: Heat pump and some type of whole house fan in the ceiling.

Fourth apartment in Long Island City: AC, no fans.

Fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth houses and apartments in Florida: AC and ceiling fans.

Sixth and more than likely my last residence a/k/a Shady Pines South: AC, no fans.

I always had my ceiling fans running where the veins pulled the air up and if they were combination fans with lights I would remove the lights and fan pull chains and reinstall the fan controls in the wall. Always good practice to clean the veins daily with a moist cloth, no furniture polish or other chemicals.

Now it's off to eat my prepared lunch in the cafeteria, ah, I meant dining hall. Yeah that's what I meant.

Later folks.

We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom, and one in the guest room (the only other bedroom in the house.) Ron has trouble sleeping in the summer, so he turns the AC down when he gets into bed (it's a NEST thermostat so it's controlled remotely) and turns the ceiling fan on. Meanwhile I'm snuggled under the down throw lol!!

When we remodel and enclose our porch, we'll have a couple of ceiling fans out there. Right now, there's a big box fan that blows on us when we sit out there.

We live in SoCal, and our home had fans in the living room, den and master bedroom. However, there was no fan in the 2nd bedroom, but an overhead light. No problem, removed the light and installed a fan/light.
For @WheatenLover, there is normally a switch on the base of the fan to reverse it.
I figured that. So I climbed onto the island in the kitchen, with a flashlight in case I needed it. No switch. Sadly, I saw the dust atop the blades and was forced by the part of me that hates dirt, and removed the blades to clean them. Then while the fan was naked, I looked again. No joy.

There is a switch on the fan here. When it finally dawned on me to turn on the fan when the kitchen gets hot from cooking, I found it easily.

Back