Do you know anything about Test Cricket?

Bretrick

A simple explanation of the game, Cricket

You have 2 sides, a team that's in and a team that's out..
Two men in the team that's in go out and when one of the men who's in is out;
the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in; the men who are out are trying to get him out;
and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have been out;
and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in,
including those who are not out,
that is the end of the game.
Howzat?

Tough sell trying to get North Americans excited, or even mildly interested, in cricket. I have a friend in Melbourne who is constantly updating me on various cricket matches. Not sure why she does this as I never speak to her about hockey or curling 😆

I am glad you Aussies enjoy it though. It's good to have a sport you can get excited about watching. Great diversion from the realities of life!

Tough sell trying to get North Americans excited, or even mildly interested, in cricket. I have a friend in Melbourne who is constantly updating me on various cricket matches. Not sure why she does this as I never speak to her about hockey or curling 😆

I am glad you Aussies enjoy it though. It's good to have a sport you can get excited about watching. Great diversion from the realities of life!
Hockey is way more exciting than cricket. So is wheelchair rugby. Or tennis, and basketball. Or watching a spider spin a web....

Back