Do you love bright and vivid colors (for home)?

PamfromTx

SF VIP
9d9052e254cbc130dff998d7114040ad[1].jpg

I love all of this. My sister Lucy has a piece of furniture that looks alot like this buffet or whatever it is. Wish her hubby would paint it for her. She has 'prints' by Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo that would be perfect for a room like this.

Some are blessed with the talent to put things together htat most would not consider. Most are surprised when they see a home like this and love it. I am sad to say I am not blessed with that talent but I do like to have colors in the house. I take it easy, just chairs, wall art and linens for a nice pop of color. I do have a couple of pieces of wood furniture that I am thinking of painting. I have never done it but I have heard that you can take a piece of furniture to a place that paints cars and have it done there.

Love those antiques! My home is little so I have to stay with a soft yellow-cream or white on all the walls.
I tried bright walls but everything is visible from one vantage point, so I don't have much choice.
I also have a lot of Western paintings, primitives, etc., so I'm again limited so it's pleasing to the eye.
Love your taste though!

We tend to go with warmer colors in our house, but we can appreciate any esthetic if done well and your sister's definitely is done well! We have some bright colors but they are mostly neutral.

BTW we went to see Immersive Frida Kahlo in Dallas and loved it.

https://www.immersive-frida.com/dallas/

When we lived in South Florida, we had friends from the Dominican Republic and their house was decorated in amazing colors and furniture. We loved it.

Last edited:
I have a antique buffet very similar to the red one. The top is wood and I hired a artist to paint the rest of it. I like lighter colors on walls in the main living areas with color in furniture, paintings, curtains, etc. I always have a drama wall in my bedroom that’s bright and the other walls cream.

I love seeing bright colors but prefer earth tones with splashes of orange and rust for my personal spaces, not vibrant colors like the pictures above. They are nice but not my style. The master bedroom is peach and the rest of the house is painted in a linen white. The pops of color come from pictures, a mural, throw pillows, artificial plants and the rug (just took it to the dumpster) that will be replaced at some point. The exception is my bathroom which features cool colors...white and sea foam green.

20190708_102142.jpg
20190708_170258.jpg
20190708_101329-1.jpg

Our home tones are quite subtle, my wife chooses what goes with what. She's careful to make sure that the decor compliments the furnishings and floor coverings and vice versa.

Left to me and our drapes would probably upstage the best Aloha shirts you could find:

shirts 145.JPGshirts 151.JPGshirts 149.JPGshirts 153.JPG
These are actually my shirts, look closely and you will see the buttons.

Back