Do you love bright and vivid colors (for home)?

I think it depends on the culture where you live or what your ethnicity is. When we lived in south TX, we were close to MX and would go often for shopping or dinner (that's way before it became so unsafe to cross the border) and everything was in bright, cheerful colors. Did I like them? Yes. Did I want them in my own home? No.

To be honest, if I had to look at bright colors all day long, every day, I'd get such a headache from no sense of calmness or relaxation. They're beautiful and I appreciate them in the right setting but I couldn't live with them. I have a lot of Tula Pink fabric (if you don't know who she is, look her up...such talent with designing bright fabrics) for quilting, but I have to make small items with her fabrics because I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to my home. I love earth tones because it feels more "cozy" and comfortable to us.

It's probably the Italian in me, but everything around me is sharply modern, and in bright hues.
iu

No, I'm not a fan of vivid primary colors. I like color but more muted. However, I like that hanging macramae (?) piece. I have something very similar but it's done with shells.
While on vacation in Oahu, some women were making those macrame plant hangers. It had tons of seashells. I bought one back for Mom and she loved it.

I'm quite aware that many don't like vivid colors; I think that if I were to have a second life.... my furnishings and decor would be very VIVID. Now, it is rustic and subtle colored.

Back