Do You Own A Swiss Army Knife?

56192.jpg

MAY DAY Swiss Army Knife
Swiss-Army-USB-Flash-Drive-Laser-Light-Knife.JPG

"How about the impact of the external environment to finish with? The period after the 9/11 attacks in the US was the toughest time for Victorinox because sales of the Swiss Army knife dropped by almost 30% in the wake of the aircraft ban on carrying knives and pocket tools. Victorinox responded to the problem of over capacity by leasing workers to other companies, while continuing to pay their wages. They’ve even produced Swiss Army knives without knife blades in order to create an adapted ‘flight’ version!"

Actually, foraging thru my stuff in the shop, I came across a Swiss army knife a salesperson gave to me.
The thing must be 20 or more years old
Pristine
Never used

Took it outa the neat little gift box

You can ruin a nail trying to get the blades open

Tried some liquid wrench and other stuff on ‘em
Still tight

Somebody said keep working the blades, they’ll loosen

I’ll need another Swiss army knife to do that

Actually, foraging thru my stuff in the shop, I came across a Swiss army knife a salesperson gave to me.
The thing must be 20 or more years old
Pristine
Never used

Took it outa the neat little gift box

You can ruin a nail trying to get the blades open

Tried some liquid wrench and other stuff on ‘em
Still tight

Somebody said keep working the blades, they’ll loosen

I’ll need another Swiss army knife to do that

Gary, some say that WD-40 stands for "Water Displacement 40th try". Try soaking it in brake fluid.

Yes, I have 3, but I can only find 1 in my organized mess. My favorite tool in recent years is the cork screw tool to uncork wine bottles. Sometimes I don't need it as MD wine (Mad Dog) has twist off lids. lol.. I also have a Boy Scout Knife that has been with me for decades. My Leatherman Knife is my favorite knife now and I have bright fluorescent orange tape on it because I kept missplacing it and I now have a place for it on a shelf next to the truck keys if I am not using it. I need a larger shelf because I would lose my ass if it wasn't attached.

Back