Do You Post on the Forum Using Your Smartphone?

That’s some great info Happyflowerlady . I’m so behind in the techie department.
Would you happen to know why I can’t get my gps to work for me? I can’t get it to give me automatic directions like it used to

Did it stop after you did an update, or just stopped working right, Keesha ? It is probably something in your settings that got changed. Send me a PM and tell me more about what it is and isn’t doing, and we can get it sorted out for you. Also , what series iPhone you are using.
Mine does not tell me directions, but I think that is because i have sound turned off. It does show me the map when I ask it to find an address, and guides me there.

Here is a YouTube video with some solutions that you can try out and see if that fixes the problem.

The mobile version of the website isn't very good so I don't use it much while on my phone. However I do use the Tapatalk app sometimes to connect to this site when on my phone.

Same here Packerjohn. As long as what I have works for what I have/need, why bother ???

I thought wife and I were the last people left who did not have a smartphone. I expect I'll have one in the future, but no need of one now. I do have to say that due to a lot of travel, I purchased a tablet which is heavily used while traveling. But, I have to have wi-fi around to use it (except for gps --- that always works).

I use my smartphone for everything apart from making phone calls really, :friendly_wink: though I have started to lately since ditching the landline. I watch films on it while flying and read books and listen to music as well as writing emails etc. I would be lost without it when travelling, where Google maps guides me to everywhere I want to go including to the doorstep of where I am staying that night, without me asking as it connects to my booking.com and airbnb apps.

Posting on forums though as others have said is not easy, so I avoid it if possible. I am a laptop or desktop person really, even tablets don't really appeal for posting. I am very attached to a physical keyboard and a mouse. :rolleyes:
mouse1-253x196.jpg

I have a tiny 3.5" Alcatel Pixi Glitz. Sometimes I verbally ask it to call a business for me. I like my little playing card so much, I have a spare.

I'm very concerned about privacy on the internet, and this site isn't 'secure'. It is possible to access your precise location on a smartphone. I prefer to stick to a proper computer.

The mobile version of the website isn't very good so I don't use it much while on my phone. However I do use the Tapatalk app sometimes to connect to this site when on my phone.
Interesting. I have exactly the opposite opinion and experience! I found the previous format mobile version to be cumbersome and glitchy, while this one is seamless and easy to navigate and post to from my phone.

Even with the new format I don't use my phone to visit the forum, although I checked it out and it was much easier. I never got used to using such a small screen and typing on such small touch screen keyboard, never got into sending texts so it feels very odd to me, I tap the wrong keys, etc.

Even with the new format I don't use my phone to visit the forum, although I checked it out and it was much easier. I never got used to using such a small screen and typing on such small touch screen keyboard, never got into sending texts so it feels very odd to me, I tap the wrong keys, etc.
You must have a small cell phone. Mine is a larger one. I had a small one and know how it is to type the wrong keys.

You must have a small cell phone. Mine is a larger one. I had a small one and know how it is to type the wrong keys.

I have a Motorola E5 Play, and it has a 5.2" screen. I couldn't carry around anything larger because it wouldn't fit in my pant pocket. I don't use handbags or anything.

Back