Do You Post on the Forum Using Your Smartphone?

I don't plan on using my smartphone to post on the forum here, but today just for the heck of it, I replied to a couple of threads using my phone. I found it really hard to use the keyboard without pressing the wrong letters, etc., lots of correcting mistakes.

I found myself zooming the screen in and out and going from regular view to landscape just to read what I was writing. By the time I was done I found that I was bug-eyed from looking at that small screen, even though I had my readers on, and I had wasted a lot of time for a simple task. I can only type with one hand too, trying to use both just lead to more typos.

Does anyone use their smartphone to post on forums regularly? If so, what are your tricks to make it easy?

No! For the reasons you've stated. I don't even try to text except for something extremely simple, like "OK." My son keeps encouraging me to text, but it drives me nuts.

Although I've checked out the forum from my smartphone, especially since the change to XenFro, which seems to be a great improvement of the old software. I still use my desktop to go online browsing and using the forum. I plan on getting my first laptop sometime before winter, so I can go online in another room of the house if I want to. Since my eyesight is getting worse with age, I'll be getting one with a decent sized screen. :geek:

I don't use my smartphone for anything except a rare photo and a rare gps. It's not smart enough. I don't even know why I have it.

No one I know will listen to a phone message. They call me back and ask what I wanted. Had they listened to the message, they'd know and wouldn't be bothering me.

Texting on this small phone just takes too long. So, I will type messages thru FB Messenger on my laptop keyboard; it's easier for me. This goes into their cellphones as a text message. They all know now, if I need a response to call me on my phone, I'm done texting back and forth... and, it seems like a step backward.
So, you have a regular phone?
I don't like smartphones. I don't like texting. However I need a phone the Android was helping me with this until I went blank...no connection to phone calls. I am sick of it for the hell it's caused me. I use this for everything.
I am besides myself ,..........

I post using a full desk computer while sitting in my comfortable chair with arm rests. I had a "smartphone" for 2 days but returned it to the store. Figured that life is too short to be a slave to this electronic toy. Studies have shown that smartphone users look at their phones 212 times/day. There must be something missing in their life. I really got turned off watching idiots walking around malls starring into their phones for hours. Couldn't figure why they don't have a job or why aren't they in school getting an education?

Anyway, we have a lovely Panasonic land phone that has call display & caller block. It will last me for years. I laugh when I see these adds tell people to upgrade their smartphones to the latest. It's all part of consumer madness; if you ask me; not to mention what is going into our landfills daily. In addition, we have bought 2 simple flip phones that we use when my wife is in the hospital or we are separated in one of those barn stores that have miles of shelving, then I can phone her & find out where she is. You can always tell who posts on this site using a smartphone. They seldom write more than a single line.

When I was out at the summer place I had no landline, no internet, so my choice was to drive up to the Scout Camp to get reception on my phone and take advantage of their wifi just to do bill payments and see what was going on in the world.

I was there so often they made me an honourary Girl Scout :D

Back