Do you remember these?

SNIP!

Remember when the Mr. Potato Head set only came with the arms, legs, face parts and hat? You had to supply your own potato. Nothing like a nice rotten potato moldering in the depths of the toy box or under the couch to get you on mom's bad list.
My dad left me in a chair, at his drinking buddy's house, while they hit the bar. This Boston Bulldog was in the same room. A constructed Mr. Potato Head was on the desk in front of me, about six feet away. I was four years old.

Every time I tried to leave the chair, to go to the bathroom, the dog growled fiercely at me, and my eyes fell on Mr. PH. In true classical conditioning style, I developed a great fear of Mr. PH, that day. By the time my dad got back, an hour later, I was ready to burst!

Well into adulthood, I couldn't look at an old style Mr. PH. When they updated him, things got easier for me. My kids would go crazy with glee, when they chased me around the house with Mr. PH. I wasn't laughing, for the most part!

Oh, the agony!.......(Truly ghastly, that scene with all of the figures. I may not leave my bedroom, today!) :eek:

Last edited:
I remember hours spent with paper dolls and all their many wardrobes. It was a fun pastime.

We couldn't afford to buy paper dolls. My Mother was an artist so she drew the paper dolls and a whole wardrobe of clothes. I colored them and cut them out. Like you, for hours and hours!
I would walk down to the gravel pit and build roads and cities in the sand ,for hours and hours! This post really brings back memories! I think we made our own toys most of the time.

If I do say so myself (ahem, ahem) I'm very good with the yo-yo. Around The World, Walking The Dog, and other moves :)
tenor.gif

Back