Do you salt your food?

Mrs. Dash (ingredients are: Onion, Black Pepper, Parsley, Celery Seed, Basil, Bay, Marjoram, Oregano, Savory, Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Mustard, Rosemary, Garlic, Carrot, Orange Peel, Tomato, Lemon Juice Powder, Citric Acid, Oil of Lemon) is good on just about any food. Plain black pepper too!

I use very little salt when cooking. My hubby sees no difference. I think his taste buds are petrified. I love salt so much I started using the no salt kind. I know the potassium can be bad but considering how much regular salt I would pour on it is the lesser of two evils.

I use Morton Season salt or Sea Salt. I use organic Garlic Powder as well.. it season food so well. I do not add more salt on my food once its on my plate. If I feel I had too much salt in a day, I drink plenty of water.

Sometimes I use it in cooking, more for baking recipes. I use a lot of spices and sauces so really don't need to add the salt. I am cooking pasta in the Instant Pot now so don't need to boil it in water like the old days. So no salt there unless it is the sauce I use. I buy lower salt products just because I know it is better for me, not a doctor telling me to.

I have to have salt on my food dinner wise. Its a must-have and always has been just as sugar is a must even as a diabetic2 but im very careful with sugar. Salt is magnesium and we need magnesium for us to function healthwise.

Lack of magnesium can cause mental health issues as it did my DIL who lacked magnesium in her body and was seriously ill with a mental breakdown. This was discovered and she has taken a supplement is back to reasonsble good mental health.

Lack of magnesium also can cause muscle cramps

I've been using diabetic salt, sugar for 25 years; can't remember how normal salt or sugar taste. How come I have to pay high dollar for 'no sugar added' sweets.

They use alcohol sugar, which has half of the harmful effects of sugar.
Who knows what other bad chemicals are added.

Haven't researched salt, gott'a have my salt.

Ronni:
Love veggies at farmer's market, can eat them with no salt, no nothing.
Canned veggies have no taste, except the chemicals they put in.

I have to have salt on my food dinner wise. Its a must-have and always has been just as sugar is a must even as a diabetic2 but im very careful with sugar. Salt is magnesium and we need magnesium for us to function healthwise.

Lack of magnesium can cause mental health issues as it did my DIL who lacked magnesium in her body and was seriously ill with a mental breakdown. This was discovered and she has taken a supplement is back to reasonsble good mental health.

Lack of magnesium also can cause muscle cramps
You can get magnesium without all the sodium though.

My doctor said "no salt" so I mainly don't use it. Most food already has salt. I also take about 500 mg. of Magnesium a day.

I have Hepatic Portal Vein Hypertension and too much salt can be fatal.

Ronni:
Love veggies at farmer's market, can eat them with no salt, no nothing.
Canned veggies have no taste, except the chemicals they put in.
I agree Jerry. We grow a few veggies in the summer and use organic starters and compost and no chemicals. They are so rich and full of flavor straight from the garden there’s no need to add anything! I will take the tomatoes from the vine and eat them like apples!

For me, there are a few things that must have salt. Eggs, for one. . The body needs a little sodium for all systems to function correctly especially for those of us who live in Florida. My last blood work showed a little low on sodium.

We use sea salt in cooking and on the table when needed. Neither of us have hypertension issues, or we would make some changes in diet.

Back