Do You Use a Fitness Tracker?

Jules

SF VIP
Mine is an app on my watch. Steps/distance are my main concern. It’s a motivator. If I notice that I haven’t done many steps, I’ll go for another walk. In reality my body knows, my mind just needs that little numerical reminder that I should do more.

I have no interest in closing the rings. (That’s an Apple thing.)

Just looked at my steps today and they’re not enough and I feel the result of too much sitting in my office chair. It’s rather hot but I’ll try for a walk tonight: right now we’re being told as seniors (65+) to stay inside. I don’t think I’m that fragile. Actually fragile is what I’ll end up if I don’t push myself.

Just looked at my steps today and they’re not enough and I feel the result of too much sitting in my office chair. It’s rather hot but I’ll try for a walk tonight: right now we’re being told as seniors (65+) to stay inside. I don’t think I’m that fragile. Actually fragile is what I’ll end up if I don’t push myself.
I was sitting with some thirty year olds on a bicycle ride last year and I mentioned how as I have become older I have also become more "fragile". They all laughed because I appear to be in great physical shape.

The truth is the term fragile is very appropriate. Our bodies just aren't very resilient once we age, things hurt, you get tired more quickly, and recovery from sickness or injury is a slower process. We're just damaged much more easily.

I have an Apple Watch, and it tracks everything for me, and I wear it at all times. It tracks my steps, and also tells me in miles how far I have walked each day. It tells me how many calories I have burned with exercise, and also reminds me to get up and walk for a few minutes each hour, which is important to do, even if only a few trips back and forth through the house.

My Apple Watch also monitors my heart rate and oxygen level, and how well I am sleeping at night . I use the Lose It app for my diet, and everything that I eat, I input into that app, so then my iphone also lets me know how my macros are, plus vitamins, minerals, cholesterol, and fiber.
This way, I am really able to monitor what I do, and how well my body is doing.
When I go to the fitness center and swim, I can set it for water protection, and it also measures how far i swim. I look forward to seeing those circles closing, and it motivates me to try harder !

Last edited:
No, I don't think I'd like it. I use a clock, devoting a certain number of minutes of each exercise activity.

Once in a while I'll check my heart rate. Not every day though. (I don't wear a watch; I have a cheap watch nearby, just for checking heart rate.)

I’ve been wearing a Fitbit device for 5 or 6 years……but……for some reason, I quit wearing it last fall…..why…..?????
Started wearing it again about a month ago.
One reason…..was out of a watch, like the large time face, so skipped the new watch thing.
I don’t buy into any premium stuff on it…..just the basic info is all I wanted.
I do like knowing how far, steps, etc……

I still can take in more calories than I burn, sometimes. 🥴
I remember how annoying this device can be…..if my butt fails to move for a bit…..I get notifications…..TIME TO GET MOVING. 🥴🥴.
I like to know my sleep pattern as well as heart beats, stress level.

Also get “ great job “ on it when I exceed my daily distance.

But…..
I thought with vacuuming / cleaning floors…..I would burn a lot of calories…..WRONG !!!!!!!
With the very few calories burnt, by doing floors, I should just hire it done. 🥴🙃😉😁.

Yes! I have an Apple watch, a couple of Pulse Oximeters and an oximeter ring that I can wear when I sleep. Between all of them I can measure almost any physical perimeter. I also have a blood pressure cuff and I sent away for an app that takes an EKG with my Apple watch.(I learned to read an EKG when I worked in CCU)

@Raddragn, does your watch measure sleep. I updated by Apple Watch so it could do that and it “wrist” dialed a phone number twice in the middle of the night. I quit wearing it at night.

Not to my knowledge - and there's no record of any callls made during the night. Will look up info on that!
I knew it happened because I would hear the buzz you hear when you’re phoning someone. I hung up within 2 rings. It was about 2 AM. \\\\

Back