Do You Watch Any Animated Programing?

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
We won't judge you if you do. LOL Well that is to say...don't judge me. 😂 I've been watching Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, about teenage campers who go to a park with dinosaurs that are supposed to be contained but wind up getting loose. It's a Netflix original series. I think it's well written, the animation is really good as are the CGIs. I just finished watching Hotel Transylvania: Transformania on Prime. It was cute..I've enjoyed all 3 installments. I watched The Incredibles years ago and thought it was very good. I also watched the sequel last year..good but not as good.

Somtimes we get roped into watching animated content for the sake of our children or grandchildren. When my two youngest grands were little, we all watched The Backyardigans, something I never thought I could get into. But their mother, my son and I as well as the children all had our favorite characters. I also liked the songs. Years ago, as an adult with a child, I also watched some episodes of Scooby Doo. So what about you?

I love to watch The Muppets..every Christmas my daughter and I watch Michael Caine play Scrooge with the Muppets..I just watched the Ice Age..I am a child at heart and always will be..so much better than the dreaded adulthood…

Oh for sure! Tonight I'm starting to watch the complete series of "The Yogi Bear Show" from Hanna Barbera. I just love how Yogi kept stealing those picnic baskets from the tourists and Bobo, his little pal telling Yogi, "Yogi, I don't think Mr. Ranger is going to like that." Of course, Yogi loved to say, "Bobo, what Mr. Ranger doesn't know, doesn't hurt him." Totally priceless collection and always a good laugh. As Yogi says, he is "smarter than the average bear" and I agree. LOL Not suitable viewing for grouchy ole' men but for me, I love 'em!

Attachments

• Yogi and Bobo.jpg
    Yogi and Bobo.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Samurai Jack was a wonderful animated series, imaginative, inspirational, and epic…

View attachment 206849
That was fun, and I enjoyed the belated last season added later on.

"Gateway anime" can be pretty good. It usually has an excellent English dub and a story and characters relatable to westerners and often enjoyable even for adults.

My favorite is the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise. There was a manga of course, but also two anime adaptation series and a couple of movies. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) passed the publication of the manga installments and instead of going on hiatus it developed its own story from that point onward. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2009) recaps the common material, but then goes on to follow the story in the completed manga.

FMA can be hard to find these days. FMAB is offered by a couple of streaming providers and your library may have it to borrow on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Both adaptations have some incredible original music. FMA is a bit darker than FMAB. Both have great stories, and I defy you not to end up caring for the characters. You might even want to have your kleenex ready for some episodes.

Even the songs (which come in Japanese, Russian, etc.) can be found as English translations. The Russian language "Bratja" ("Brothers") can rip your heart out.

Simpsons, Family Guy, Paw Patrol!
I was never into any of those. My main problem is that the characters aren't "cute". :D

@Medusa I was just wondering yesterday what the draw is for Archer. I never attempted to watch. I wouldn't let my grandchildren watch Spongebob after an episode where he told his friend they were going on a panty raid! Fresh a*s sponge! :LOL:

Back