Does anyone else talk out loud to themselves at home?

My first thought was" No, I don't do that." But as I read this thread it occurred to me that I do but it's usually a whisper...so I don't notice that it's actually out loud.

What's even weirder is that I sometimes narrate my life as if I'm writing a book. It's not out loud but in my head like a voice with a life of it's own.
It's like that movie with Will Ferrell, Stranger than Fiction.

Last edited:
Yes, I'll swear when I drop something, break something or spill something.
Reminded me of when I was walking to my car & a guy was coming toward me in the opposite direction & he was talking out loud; asking questions & answering them.
I said to myself, "Hmmm, that guy is strange; he's talking to himself."
A few seconds later, I said, "Wait a minute. Who am I talking to?"

Ostensibly I'm talking to the cat, but really I am probably just talking to myself. I started noticing a few years ago that I've had some presumably normal aging-brain changes because I'll occasionally use the wrong word, for example I meant to say blinds but said curtains, etc. It worried me a lot the first year but it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse. So now I guess I could argue that instead of talking to myself I'm just running brain checks.

Papa said it was a sign of money in the bank, to begin with. Shortly before he died, he said that it was communicating beyond the veil.

I always speak to whatever pet I happen to own, currently kitten. Always felt the weird kid on the block as sometimes just talking to myself, I'd hear replies. Yup, found out I'm clairaudient. I got the gift from Papa.

If I'm crazy, so be it! If I'm paranormal well that's fine too. Either way for over 60 years now and many times it's been extremely helpful in staying away from potential residences which were haunted, phew!

One recent example, after my son died in 2017, I yelled to the ceiling and I began sobbing uncontrollably. Suddenly, I felt warmth surrounding me, and I saw my cardigan tightening around me and I felt a heartfelt hug followed by a whisper in my ear: "Mum don't worry, I'm no longer in pain. Please, don't cry..."

Usually these days, it's hugs from hubby in the kitchen, always with a whisper of what he called me giving me a hug when he was alive.

So, no insanity, it's a natural way to get answers from departed loved ones. Take it whichever way you want. Everyone will agree or disagree but that's my sincere experience.

259a182dbc87de3da9f3b2becf73439f.jpg

Remember the story of Ben Gunn? He was cast adrift, alone on a desert island and because he was all alone with no-one to talk to, he lost the ability to speak. Therefore talking out loud is vital. It is also less of a strain on the head muscles. I find that thinking too much makes my head very tense and gives me a head-ache.

Back