Dyatlov Pass Incident

This was a sad event, there have been several TV debates
about these unfortunate victims of violence.

There is no logical explanation as to what happened, they
were discovered a while after the actual event and any
evidence had by then disappeared.

Mike.

This was a sad event, there have been several TV debates
about these unfortunate victims of violence.

There is no logical explanation as to what happened, they
were discovered a while after the actual event and any
evidence had by then disappeared.

Mike.
I agree, Mike, there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation, and so many of the theories as to what may have happened really spooks me out.

I personally think that the victim's injuries were too extreme to have resulted from an avalanche, and were rather caused by a Yeti-type creature which the Russians can't openly discuss as a possibility. It's a haunting story...

Would love to hear them, Lew.

I've tried coming up with scenarios and theories as to what may have taken place, but none seem to add up.
I think they stumbled onto either a secret testing area for military weaponry and it was cleverly covered up so as to confuse the investigators, or as was the sad outcome for some postwar survivors, they became recluses in the remote mountainous areas. Most were suffering from what is called PTSD today, and if these folks encroached upon one of these hermits areas, it would be over for them. That individual would be clever enough to make their demise look like many probabilities.

There was a program about this on TV just last night.........No new evidence / theories .

The 'really' suspicious part too me is the fact that two of the victims had their eyes removed, and one had his tongue removed. I seriously doubt an avalanche would do that :cautious: .

There was a program about this on TV just last night.........No new evidence / theories .

The 'really' suspicious part too me is the fact that two of the victims had their eyes removed, and one had his tongue removed. I seriously doubt an avalanche would do that :cautious: .
ROFL!

I, too, have never heard of an avalanche doing such either.

Sure makes one think what took place, and definitely falls into the category of things that can give one nightmares.

ROFL!

I, too, have never heard of an avalanche doing such either.

Sure makes one think what took place, and definitely falls into the category of things that can give one nightmares.

Between the documentary last night, and recent reading on the subject, my curiosity is peaked [for now] and I reading more about it. ....... If I find anything 'earth-shattering' I'll post it.

<caveat> Don't hold U'r breath.... :rolleyes:

Between the documentary last night, and recent reading on the subject, my curiosity is peaked [for now] and I reading more about it. ....... If I find anything 'earth-shattering' I'll post it.

<caveat> Don't hold U'r breath.... :rolleyes:
I went through a stage where I was reading every article I came across, but none really offered much in the way of something concrete.

I went through a stage where I was reading every article I came across, but none really offered much in the way of something concrete.

One thing that strikes me odd overall. The purpose of the original group was to , summit an 8000 ft peak, and ski it ?? In February ??? Not sure I even buy that from the beginning . I think there may be something more to it @ that point.

Maybe I'm just not that adventurous ?

One thing that strikes me odd overall. The purpose of the original group was to , summit an 8000 ft peak, and ski it ?? In February ??? Not sure I even buy that from the beginning . I think there may be something more to it @ that point.

Maybe I'm just not that adventurous ?
Indeed, quite an expedition.

For sure, lots of questionable factors related to, and even more surprising, after all these years, no one has stepped forward to spill the beans as to what exactly happened, and to date, no one seems to no anything. It's just all so very spooky.

I don't believe the latest explanation - what about the two bodies who were missing their eyes, one was missing its tongue, and one was missing its eyebrows. Definitely sus.
And part of a missing check bone and skull.

None of it adds up.

No footprints outside of those in the expedition party, and 8 people dead.

The more I think about it, the more it creeps me out.

There is a film made about this incident, it is called
"Devil's Pass", you have to buy it or have Amazon
Prime, or Netflix, or some other that stream or sell.

Here is a link to a YouTube about it, unfortunately
it is 50 minutes long and audio only!

I went back to YouTube and asked for the full movie,
there is a selection of different "opinions" I think, so
here is the link to the whole page there.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=devil's+pass+full+movie

Mike.

Last edited:
An excellent watch, Mike.

Here is another with a conclusion that somewhat satisfied me, that is until no mention was made regarding the member of the group "who's skull had been smashed moments before his death", nor that of the oldest member of the group that suffered chest fractures by an "immense force comparable to that of a car crash".

This watch has actual pictures taken of the group.

Since all Scientific, Logical, Improbable and Comical suggestions
have been discussed here and in the World generally, the possibility
that I didn't hear:- "they were testing a new kind of drug that gave
super human strength", or "one or two of them were on drugs and
turned crazy, killed all the rest, then perished of the cold when he
or she tried to escape and forgot to dress first".

I keep thinking "Bigfoot" or "Yeti", again, no evidence.

We learn about experiments in the West after 50 or 100 years, but in
Russia, I think never!

Mike.

There is a film made about this incident, it is called
"Devil's Pass", you have to buy it or have Amazon
Prime, or Netflix, or some other that stream or sell.

Here is a link to a YouTube about it, unfortunately
it is 50 minutes long and audio only!

I went back to YouTube and asked for the full movie,
there is a selection of different "opinions" I think, so
here is the link to the whole page there.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=devil's+pass+full+movie

Mike.

Mike, are you sure about the movie name ? I have Netflix, and found that movie "Devil's Pass" last night, but it was nothing about the Dyatlov incident ?

The one last night was about some Alien invasion. Not very good...(n)

Mike, are you sure about the movie name ? I have Netflix, and found that movie "Devil's Pass" last night, but it was nothing about the Dyatlov incident ?

The one last night was about some Alien invasion. Not very good...(n)
Here is a link to the wiki information on the film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Pass

When I asked Google about the film, they supplied a big
advert of a film called Devil's Pass, which is about 5 young
Americans investigating the incident, it is listed as a Horror.

Mike.

Since all Scientific, Logical, Improbable and Comical suggestions
have been discussed here and in the World generally, the possibility
that I didn't hear:- "they were testing a new kind of drug that gave
super human strength", or "one or two of them were on drugs and
turned crazy, killed all the rest, then perished of the cold when he
or she tried to escape and forgot to dress first".

I keep thinking "Bigfoot" or "Yeti", again, no evidence.

We learn about experiments in the West after 50 or 100 years, but in
Russia, I think never!

Mike.
The more and more I think about it, I just can't see the parties death as being attributed to a Bigfoot or Yeti attack, because aside from a select few large apex predators, wild animals typically look to kill a single prey and take it down, not multiple, and aside from there being odd bodily damage to a few of the party, there's nothing mentioned as far as unusual animal hair or tracks found in the area, and there's nothing in the way of damage to the bodies that would suggest a large animal with claws or teeth.

I wonder if the absence of eyes on two of the bodies found in conjunction with one of the bodies missing the tongue, wasn't the result of one or two (or more) of the party desperate for food, and with the two hikers already dead, the party removed the easiest parts to cook over the fire and eat.

I'm steering more and more away from something supernatural or outer space, and more towards a common sense approach to what happened.

There are still plenty of unexplainable happenings that unfolded within the party, like the missing and broken branches missing so high up on the tree, but I believe the end result lied within the party itself, encountering adverse and harsh weather conditions, possibly being ill-equipped, with the possibility of one or more in the party loosing their minds and turning on the group.

After watching the video that you put there Aunt Marg,
I began to think that it was the fire, but that doesn't explain
the damage ie., a broken skull and caved-in chests that were
the same as injuries from a car smash, or the "No Boots", why
run away in socks, no coats etc., no there is something really
eerie going on here.

I threw in Big Foot and Yeti as something else to point to, but
don't believe it myself.

Mike.

Back