I began to think that it was the fire, but that doesn't explain
the damage ie., a broken skull and caved-in chests that were
the same as injuries from a car smash, or the "No Boots", why
run away in socks, no coats etc., no there is something really
eerie going on here.

I threw in Big Foot and Yeti as something else to point to, but
don't believe it myself.

Mike.
It sure does leave a lot to ones imagination, doesn't it, Mike.

If the tent caught fire, maybe that's why they exited the tent without footwear.

As for the broken skull and crushed chest cavity, those two have me stumped.

It sure does leave a lot to ones imagination, doesn't it, Mike.

If the tent caught fire, maybe that's why they exited the tent without footwear.

As for the broken skull and crushed chest cavity, those two have me stumped.
There's a video on youtube that shows all the locations these kids' bodies were found in a *similar snowy conditions* and *after a thaw* comparison. Taking into account those comparisons and the positions of the bodies with skeletal damage, the video maker hypothesizes that those 2 fell quite some distance into a very rocky creek-bed that was partially obscured by snow, very obscured when looking at it from the deceased hikers approach.

There's a video on youtube that shows all the locations these kids' bodies were found in a *similar snowy conditions* and *after a thaw* comparison. Taking into account those comparisons and the positions of the bodies with skeletal damage, the video maker hypothesizes that those 2 fell quite some distance into a very rocky creek-bed that was partially obscured by snow, very obscured when looking at it from the deceased hikers approach.
That makes sense, and I can see that as being the cause.

I'm starting to look at this case in a different light.

That makes sense, and I can see that as being the cause.

I'm starting to look at this case in a different light.
I'll see if I can find that vid. It was a good one.
Also, did you know a similar event happened some decades later? There was 1 survivor but she was so traumatized she was never able to talk about it other than giving investigators all the facts she knew. I'll look for that one, too. Should be easier to find..

I'll see if I can find that vid. It was a good one.
Also, did you know a similar event happened some decades later? There was 1 survivor but she was so traumatized she was never able to talk about it other than giving investigators all the facts she knew. I'll look for that one, too. Should be easier to find..
Yes, please, Mur, would love anything additional you can add to this topic.

I thought that I had found a movie, but had
already put a link to it and others.

Here is a link to an audio book about the Dyatlov
Pass.

Mike.

Last edited:
I've read some very recent explanations that seem to attribute a special type of Avalanche for the crushing injuries suffered by members of the Dyatlov Pass victims; basically, the snow is formed in layers, with some extraordinarily dense and heavy. While this wouldn't account for the missing eyes and tongue of some victims, possibly animal predation after the event might. But what of the high levels of radiation found? Part of the case's fascination is that no single explanation seems to account for all of the incidentals. At any rate, overwhelming forces were certainly at play...

Back