Dying like everyone else but why are we here and what were to do during our time here?

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
I wasn't born with a set of instructions or perhaps they were misplaced at the exit point. I have two younger brothers I may have spared the risk by leaving the life information kit. I have expressed my discourse of life and all it entails. I guess everyone are given potential and hope but as long I have lived hope and potential did not manifest itself until late in life when most people plan for their retirement and start slowing down.

At age I caught a glimpse of potentiality and with that a spark of hope that lasted until the purpose was lost and I was forced into retirement. Purpose does not come very often. I am fortunate for the few years I had, after 30 years of mind blinding psychosis, to have a few good years thinking and behaving like a normal human being is a gift not many understand.

These days I wait, killing time with menial activity and conversation among the left overs. I say leftovers because everyone dies and we will be equal.

You're a leader, follower, socializer, non-socializer, Dr. Nurse,
complainer, non-complainer, or a lawyer politician, judge blaming
everyone else. Or an Economist, Weather man, Scientist / Professor
saying, " You all should drink of a smaller glass."

Dying like everyone else but why are we here and what were to do during our time here?​

It took me a long time to come to the realization that the purpose of life is to live it, no more or less. As I near the end of my time, I find that I want to make a statement, to do something meaningful. What that is I'm not yet certain, but I find myself thinking about it more each day.

I believe that most everyone is born with a gift.

And it's your duty/ responsibility to work hard on the talent you have been given...and share it...on a smaller scale, a medium size scale or perhaps to a very large audience.

When my daughters tell me they are bored, I simply tell them "No you aren't. You're just putting off being wonderful." :)

Thanks for sharing that. I agree that contemplating why we exist leads to the realization there is something more going on than atoms colliding randomly until stars and brains coalesce. But I think it is hasty to conclude that the something more is anything like us except with special powers acting deliberately to bring about the cosmos. I’d say instead that if we call the “something more” God then we are simply one form God has taken.

Why are we here? Michael Newton PhD writes in his book "Journey of Souls - Case Studies of Life between Lives" that every soul belongs to a soul group. We reincarnate as a human being to do some special tasks. After death the soul reunites with the soul group. It's a kind of classroom where the duties and goals get supervised. Then we may rest (but time doesn't exist there) and reincarnate again. The problem is that the soul forgets the result of the supervision while reincarnating. If we did something fundamentally wrong we get a new chance to do it better. Newton wrote a sequel with new cases "Destiny of Souls - New Case Studies of Life between Lives". We own both of them and like them very much.

Believe everything you hear from word of mouth or the pen.
Never believe you been fooled. U R here to stick doggedly to
the Course. Remember you are basically just a walker following
Another Clown down an endless trail of hunter - gatherer. The
first fool that decided to plant grass seed wrecked everything.
But since you have entered the Ants Domaine of eminent circling
following an endless line of cars ahead of you its break or no break.

Last edited:
I just wanna know what I should of have known and when I should of have known it!

U NO THAT LIL HIGHER POWER VOICE IN MY EARS WHISPERING,
"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU JUST DONE!"
--------------------------------------------------------
I was reading a Newpaper the other day. It was fun knowing who won the spring fishing tournament.

Were you not taught God has a plan for you?

This brings up the question about free will and predestination. There are too many influential factors to claim free will. God’s plan and predestination implies an entity or being manipulating life circumstances to reach a desired outcome. Do you believe according to god’s plan everyone’s life is laid out before them so humanity can connect the dots for the big picture? As a skeptic of supernaturalism and mysticism I do not support this claim based on lack of evidence.

Life is secretly very mundane. We don't choose it, it just happens. We have no purpose other than what we choose to do. We wake each morning because that's what living things are compelled to do.

Then we have the society we grow up in, and the norms that come along with it. So we're expected to have children, buy a house, have a job of some kind, and so on. In reality, these are all choices we make to fit in with societal norms. They don't actually have much to do with being a human being, and waking each day. They are our duties as a citizen, but the life force doesn't care.

The idea that a God has a plan for us is just about the scariest thing I could imagine. As is being born with sin. Living a life on your knees trying to please some invisible figure strikes me as accepting a form of slavery for no gain (the promised peace after death would be better delivered in life, and I'm not sure why anyone/thing would create a being vulnerable to disease, arthritis, and so on.)

Does moss have a purpose? Does a bird in a tree have a purpose? Does either have need of a God? Earthworms, Elephants, and Budgerigars - all acting on instinct, all moving through consciousness of a kind until an inevitable end.

We are taught through our upbringing, at least initially. But if that upbringing is bad, our fragile ego's and minds can become corrupt. We're malleable. But as we get closer to the end, some truths become apparent. Those adopting societies demands - money, fame, influence - as their primary goals are often the biggest losers.

Back