Easy Listening Music We Seniors Can Relax To

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but reading this thread got me thinking.

Growing up, when my Dad's ship was ready to return home, my mom had a novel way of telling us Dad would soon be home.
As my brothers and I would gather around the table for breakfast, my mom would go to the TV/phonograph combo and place the needle
down on this song.
We would let loose with cheers and big smiles. She started with this tradition for my older brother and it continued for many years.

On a visit when my parents were alive, my mom told my wife about the song and how it was our special way to share the good news.

After that, my wife would play this song for my two boys and explained that when she played it,
Dad was coming home from one of his deployment.

Sorry for the ramble.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but reading this thread got me thinking.

Growing up, when my Dad's ship was ready to return home, my mom had a novel way of telling us Dad would soon be home.
As my brothers and I would gather around the table for breakfast, my mom would go to the TV/phonograph combo and place the needle
down on this song.
We would let loose with cheers and big smiles. She started with this tradition for my older brother and it continued for many years.

On a visit when my parents were alive, my mom told my wife about the song and how it was our special way to share the good news.

After that, my wife would play this song for my two boys and explained that when she played it,
Dad was coming home from one of his deployment.

Sorry for the ramble.

Loved your story :love:, oh and I was dancing to that music!!

Back