Eating disorder hiding in plain sight

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
I'm sure you've all heard of Anorexia/Anorexia Nervosa. Well, there's a new kid on the block apparently. Instead of Anorexia nervosa (a psychological condition that involves an eating disorder. Symptoms include a very low body mass index (BMI), a refusal to eat, and attempts to lose weight, even when body mass index is very low) doctors are now seeing more and more of a condition named Orthorexia nervosa, a condition in which the patients are an obsessed with health, wellness and clean eating.

The subsequent food and nutrient restriction can lead to lowered metabolism, lowered sex hormones and loss of menstruation, brittle hair and dry skin, bone loss and cardiovascular issues.

Article here

Orthorexia nervosa, a condition in which the patients are an obsessed with health, wellness and clean eating. I think we have all met these people. they are the ones, who would rather have a bullet to the head than eat a slice of white bread.
And how dull would that be? Gotta have some bread!!

LOL - how they'll invent words to label what they consider a "disease." I think that description would fit many personal trainers & people who look like this: (By the way, this is my photo from last year)

Image result for mr. america photo

I've heard of this and a friend of mine had been hospitalized for it more than once. She had malnutrition because of it. She ate nothing but boiled chicken and drank her own concoction of barley water which she thought in her mind to be very healthy.
She is way underweight and looks horrible.

Along with this she is obsessed with being germ free.

If you go to 80% of the doctors, they will find sufficient 'possible disorders' that require a follow-up visit.

Our culture is filled with commercials that target a mass number of viewers,
how could we not have some of the numerous symptoms they allege the drug will
'make better.'

Were all walking pharmaceutical candidates.

Back