Enjoying Peace in His Presence

May 29

I am with you, watching over you constantly. I am Emmanuel (God with you). My presence enfolds you in radiant love. Nothing, including the brightest blessings and the darkest trials, can separate you from me. Some of my children find me more readily during dark times, when difficulties force them to depend on me. Others are closer to me when their lives are filled with good things. They respond with Thanksgiving and praise, thus opening wide the door to my presence.

I know precisely what you need to draw nearer to me. Go through each day looking for what I have prepared for you. Accept every event as my hand tailored provision for your needs. When you view your life this way, the most reasonable response is to be thankful. Do not reject any of my gifts. Find me in every situation.

Matthew 1:23...Colossians 2:6-7

Last edited:
May 30

The peace that I give you transcends your intellect. When most of your mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, you are unable to receive this glorious gift. I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round...going nowhere...accomplishing nothing. All the while my peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land.

Be still in my presence, inviting me to control your thoughts. Let my light soak into your heart, until you are aglow with my very being. This is the most effective way to receive my peace.

2 Thessalonians 3:16....Job 22:21

May 31

I am involved in each moment of your life. I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day, even though much of it may feel haphazard. Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges. Expect to find trouble in this day. At the same time, trust that my way is perfect, even in the midst of such messy imperfection.

Stay conscious of me as you go through this day, remembering that I never leave your side. Let the Holy Spirit guide you step by step, protecting you from unnecessary trials and equipping you to get through whatever must be endured.

As you trudge through the sludge of this fallen world, keep your mind in heavenly places with me. Thus the Light of my presence shines on you, giving you peace and joy that circumstances can't touch.

Psalm 18:30...Isaiah 41:13

I am a mighty God, nothing is too difficult for me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish my purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to my power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the days demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected with me, living in trusting dependence on my limitless sources.

When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic. Remember, I am with you. Talk with me and listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.

I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in my presence, trusting in my strength.

Luke 1:37...2Corinthians:12:9

I am a mighty God, nothing is too difficult for me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish my purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to my power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the days demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected with me, living in trusting dependence on my limitless sources.

When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic. Remember, I am with you. Talk with me and listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.

I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in my presence, trusting in my strength.

Luke 1:37...2Corinthians:12:9
Lara, have you read about the life of Sara Young? Very interesting and moving.

I haven't but I will. Thank you.
I did begin reading her intro and it's really good.
I tried to post a pic of the beginning of it here but it's hard to read.

June 2

Relax in my healing holy presence. Be still while I transform your heart and mind. Let go of cares and worries so that you can receive my peace. Cease striving, and know that I am God.

Do not be like Pharisees who multiplied regulations, creating their own form of "godliness". They got so wrapped up in their own rules that they lost sight of me. Even today man-made rules about how to live a Christian life enslave many people. Their focus is on their performance, rather than me.

It is through knowing me intimately that you become like me. This requires spending time alone with me. Let go. Relax. Be still and know that I am God.

Psalm 46:10...1John 3:2

without Me you can do nothing (somewhere in John)

I need to remember that one

Pray for me
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing". John 15:5 ESV

iu

I'm praying Gary🙏. Good for you to want to seek him first.

"Seek Ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things shall be added unto you"
Matthew 6:33

I often forget to stop and pray for his guidance and for his will to be done before trying to do things all by myself...and mess up

Love Your Enemies​

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 [a]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your [b]brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the [c]tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48 NKJV

I get this
Big time

(fun to prove The Bible out)

[June 3] .........Love Your Enemies​

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 [a]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your [b]brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the [c]tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48 NKJV
Let's make this today's devotion. Gary, before entering SF just now I said my morning prayer and I told God that I was a little concerned that even though the daily devotions I've posted are based on His Word they aren't exactly his words, and so maybe they needed more "meat" from the scriptures that say so much more. And I asked God to intervene somehow if it be His will.

Then, here I am only minutes from my prayer and your post is exactly what I meant. God heard me and I believe God used you to answer my prayer in Jesus name. He is so present! This is why we know he is who he says he is.

(my prayer included you too btw...in a good way lol...per your request above to help remember that without Him you can do nothing)

Last edited:
God heard me and I believe God used you to answer my prayer in Jesus name
I have had that experience, many times, of late

I pray, and God uses someone to answer

A carpenter, friend of mine was so instrumental in regard to several things (direct answers)
The cool thing, he's not a religious man.....never a mention
Until just a few days ago
I hadn't brought anything up, but he told me he was reading....and believing what he read

If not pressed, God can do His work
In all of us

Turns out, even me

Thank you for that, Lara

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-10
Thank you for that scripture verse Paco. My daughter is a peacemaker. She told me that the reason she is is because when she was little she always remembered me telling her that she was the peacemaker of the family. She believed she was. I wish I had told all 4 of my children that now...would've saved us a lot of trials and tribulations :giggle:

Last edited:
Welcome challenging times as opportunities to trust me. You have me beside you and my Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Without me, you wouldn't make past the first hurdle.

The way to walk through demanding days is to grip my hand tightly and stay in close communication with me. Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness. Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect peace as you stay close to me.

James 1:2...Philippians 4:13...Isaiah 26:3

June 5
Seek me first, the Kingdom of God, and it's righteousness, and you will find fulfillment of your deepest longings. My world is filled with beautiful things; they are meant to be reminders of my abiding presence. The earth still declares my glory to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

You had a darkened mind before you sought me wholeheartedly. I chose to pour my light into you so that you can be a beacon to others. There is no room for pride in this position. Your part is to reflect my glory and honor.

Psalm 105:4...Psalm 19: 1-2...Isaiah 60:2

Last edited:

Back