Envelopes Containing Fentanyl Sent To Elections Offices...

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
...In at least 5 states, delaying ballot counting, according to this article and news reports. I've said it before...I just don't know what our world is coming to!
"The letters were sent to elections offices in the presidential battlegrounds of Georgia and Nevada, as well as California, Oregon and Washington, with some being intercepted before they arrived. Four of the letters contained fentanyl, the FBI and U.S. Postal Inspection Service reported in a statement to elections officials Thursday."
https://www.npr.org/2023/11/09/1212...bstances-were-sent-to-several-elections-offic

I heard of this. Some envelopes contained only baking powder or soda but others had traces, at least of fentanyl.

We don't need more election fraud and voter claims. I don't know how hard it is to have everyone's vote just count. I may be naive.

If these people are so stressed out about the elections, why don't they just take the fentanyl themselves? They only need a little bit to get high. They'd mellow out and not be so angry.
From what I've read and seen on the news, it only takes a tiny bit to kill someone and not that much to kill several people. But yeah, maybe those types should take it themselves.

Excuse me for being Canadian and naive, but what did the perpetrators expect or hope would happen with these letters?
I think they want to instill fear in the people who are just there to do their jobs. Perhaps they think that once their tactics scare away the honest vote counters, they will be able to put others who will do their bidding (aka commit fraud) in their places.

@Paladin1950 I have found what you replied to be true.

i have questions about these stories as it just eludes to someone without coming out and saying ... so people assume the persons motive behind it . This has not always panned out, some are set up.by people pushing an idea of extremism fan the flames of division.

People assume many just don't not ask the questions needed and wait until an investigation pans out.

Who is dumb enough to do this........ what sort of people who know how to access this drug ...........many do not know how to buy on the street or would spend $ and mail it ? .....
Groups want it to make people think it is (insert your favorite stereotype). Otherwise is some unknown substance ... that could be mistaken for something else just was a distraction. People act the with same outrage and assumption ... even if found to be fake.

The same thing happened with anthrax powder about 20 years ago. Some envelopes really had anthrax powder, some just contained talcum powder, which of course scared people but did no physical harm. They finally arrested the guy.

Knowing the procedures when an 'white powder' is sent to a company, the first thing to do is evacuate the area, close all doors in the mail room, or where the envelope was first noticed, shut off all air handlers, call Hazmat, wait for their arrival and assessment.
While that is happening, the media will be swarming in(because they listen to police scanners too), wanting information for the news. No comment or just deny anything is happening.

i have questions about these stories as it just eludes to someone without coming out and saying ... so people assume the persons motive behind it . This has not always panned out, some are set up.by people pushing an idea of extremism fan the flames of division.

People assume many just don't not ask the questions needed and wait until an investigation pans out.

Who is dumb enough to do this........ what sort of people who know how to access this drug ...........many do not know how to buy on the street or would spend $ and mail it ? .....
Groups want it to make people think it is (insert your favorite stereotype). Otherwise is some unknown substance ... that could be mistaken for something else just was a distraction. People act the with same outrage and assumption ... even if found to be fake.
There are plenty of dumb people out there who believe they are serving a master only to end up in prison.

I can't get past adult people needing a master to serve and a crowd to follow. I know people like this. They are most secure when they have someone telling them what to do. I find that kind of behavior extremely boring. We do need a certain amount of respect for those who seriously know what they're doing, but being too dumb to think for yourself, while impulsively following a leader who only makes a lot of promises is no way to live your life.

...In at least 5 states, delaying ballot counting, according to this article and news reports. I've said it before...I just don't know what our world is coming to!
"The letters were sent to elections offices in the presidential battlegrounds of Georgia and Nevada, as well as California, Oregon and Washington, with some being intercepted before they arrived. Four of the letters contained fentanyl, the FBI and U.S. Postal Inspection Service reported in a statement to elections officials Thursday."
https://www.npr.org/2023/11/09/1212...bstances-were-sent-to-several-elections-offic

This is going to upset a lot of addicts. These rich people should have to pay for their drugs like every one else!

Without going into too much detail, we had an 'event' where a company I worked for received white powder in the mail room.
I had recently put in a plan to deal with such an incident.
The envelope went right into a secure hazmat container, yada, yada, yada. Hazmat team involved, yada, yada, yada, FBI involved, Yada, yada, yada. Crisis Team convened.
Turns out not to be anthrax. The person sending actually put a return address on the envelope.o_O
As we were closing down the situation, another envelope showed up in our mail room from the same person. This time it was a letter apologizing for sending the first envelope. (n)
Needless to say, within 30 minutes of receiving the first (with the return address) the FBI was at their house. Didn't end well for them.
The reason the person gave was she didn't feel she was getting the proper attention from the customer service department. She got some attention after that stunt!

These terrorists need to be stopped and arrested, this is no joke.

Without going into too much detail, we had an 'event' where a company I worked for received white powder in the mail room.
I had recently put in a plan to deal with such an incident.
The envelope went right into a secure hazmat container, yada, yada, yada. Hazmat team involved, yada, yada, yada, FBI involved, Yada, yada, yada. Crisis Team convened.
Turns out not to be anthrax. The person sending actually put a return address on the envelope.o_O
As we were closing down the situation, another envelope showed up in our mail room from the same person. This time it was a letter apologizing for sending the first envelope. (n)
Needless to say, within 30 minutes of receiving the first (with the return address) the FBI was at their house. Didn't end well for them.
The reason the person gave was she didn't feel she was getting the proper attention from the customer service department. She got some attention after that stunt!
What a dumb a*s!!

I never was into him, but I admit that set was funny! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I just hate it when comedians (or anybody) use the N word. I don't know, do they think it makes things funnier? I have a friend who absolutely loves Dave Chappelle. My son likes him too. For some odd reason Chris Rock is the only comedian who's cursing does not offend my sensibilities.

Back