Favorite Exercise or Related Activity

Gardenlover

Bedazzled Member
Speaking of longevity with vitality, I was wondering what some of your favorite exercises or related activities are.

I enjoy:
Swimming - Typically back to shore after the wife knocks me overboard
Hiking/Walking - The wife wants someone slower with her in case we encounter bears
Bicycling (Mostly trail riding - streets are getting too crazy for me and I don't like wearing tight, funny looking outfits.)
Gym equipment - Typically dusting it off. ;)
Running - If someone or something is chasing me - see hiking above.

Speaking of longevity with vitality, I was wondering what some of your favorite exercises or related activities are.

I enjoy:
Swimming - Typically back to shore after the wife knocks me overboard
Hiking/Walking - The wife wants someone slower with her in case we encounter bears
Bicycling (Mostly trail riding - streets are getting too crazy for me and I don't like wearing tight, funny looking outfits.)
Gym equipment - Typically dusting it off. ;)
Running - If someone or something is chasing me - see hiking above.
Swimming - Well, stop pissing her off!
Hiking - Don't remember the exact words but I remember a joke where two guys are running from a bear, and one of the guys tells the other, "I'm okay as long as I'm ahead of you"

Re your question, I'm not much for exercise, but the one I force myself to do is squats, to keep my legs strong so I won't fall or can't get up.

Self-resistance with a stick or belt is my favorite training. It is a good method for older people who cannot or do not want to lift weights but want to gain some muscle mass and keep mobility, flexibility and strength.

My favorite exercise is going outside every day{weather permitting} to take my walks
I'm a life long walker,always start my day with an early walk,2-3 blocks around 6:30-7a,before breakfast breathing in fresh air great way to start my day. I had been taking 3 walks/day but since injuring my knee I now take 2 . I walk more slowly but it won't stop me from taking the walks.If I'm home during the wk,I'll take a mid morn one between 2-4 blocks,afternoon I'll walk around our apt complex usually 2-3 times
The thought of going to a gym to do my walking does not appeal to me what so ever,rather be outside

Swimming - Well, stop pissing her off!
Hiking - Don't remember the exact words but I remember a joke where two guys are running from a bear, and one of the guys tells the other, "I'm okay as long as I'm ahead of you"

Re your question, I'm not much for exercise, but the one I force myself to do is squats, to keep my legs strong so I won't fall or can't get up.
It's proven that a squat a day keeps the doctor away.

700-00084258en_Masterfile.jpg

Today cut split and stacked 5 stumps that I couldn't lift in one piece. Have to admit, still
smiling about that. In the snow of course, so not too bad.
It can be aggravatingly exhilarating
Once in a rhythm, and breathing right, one can put away a lot of wood.
My lady would line up the rounds atop each other, several in a row, and I'd chop, sometimes almost on the run

T-shirt, or no shirt weather, even at 0°F when swinging the maul

Weight Lifting.... Mostly 12 Oz curls
Running.... If you see me running, I suggest you try and keep up... I don't scare easy, and normally have a gun.....

The original thread got me thinking about my grandfather...... Him and the neighbor would walk miles everyday....
In his early 80s he had a heart attack and open heart surgery.... Following on the rehab floor they get him up to walk...
NO LIE..... The 30 something nurse fussed him out for walking to fast because she was out of breath!!!

Last edited:
Daily walks are my exercise. ... 3X a day out of necessity, and usually at a good speed for about 1/2 hr. each.

And like Marlene, I do love to dance. . always have upbeat music playing on the radio.

For me, I walk with the dog at least 2 times a day. Not a stroll , a decent speed. You can still talk if someone
is with me. Also I always have wood waiting for me. Between those two I am doing great even after a heart attack, an incident (means they don't know what the hell happened). Then quadruple bypass. Not whining but pointing out that age and life's crap can still be dealt with. Very lucky to live where I live, best medicine.

Attachments

• lake .jpg
    lake .jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 8
Gym Rat here too!
Lots of Cardio, Strength Training, Pilates. I love how it makes me look and feel. Go to the gym most everyday. My girlfriends are there also. Important for me that my body MOVES and bends🙂

Back