Federal Indictments of George Floyd's killers

I always remember the comment of a police officer, talking about crime. He was asked why he only patrol black areas of a city, He answered, "because that's where the crime is". I know my fellow Caucasians, none wear halos. But the cop's comment is you find a black, you find crime does lead to oppression of blacks, who aren't involved with crime. The police have a mind set. Probably since blacks are so often arrested for drug related offenses. No, I don't think every cop is a hooded, white supremacist, but you have ask why are so many blacks protesting bad cop behavior? What do they get about protesting? There's no money in it, you're not going to get a more lenient sentence, if you break the law........
How do you know blacks don't have a legitimate gripe about the police?
Maybe if your skin wasn't white, you could answer that? What do our fellow black SF people have to say?

But the cop's comment is you find a black, you find crime...
The mindset is prevalent among many many Whites, who have never given a moment's thought to what it would be like to be poor, especially as a result of 400+ years of racism.
My fishing partner/neighbor is a retired correctional officer- he recently made comment that Blacks commit more crime, that's why there's more of them in prison. I knew that nothing I could say would reach past his blinders.

The indictments were expected. Why the Feds took so long was due to waiting on the outcome of Chauvin's trial. If I was other than Chauvin, I would request a bench trial, unless I could cut a good deal with the Prosecutor.

Especially since the Feds are not charging murder or any type of homicide, any legal accountability must be presented. Murder can be a federal crime, depending on the facts, but not in this case.
Unfortunately the American justice system is beyond my knowledge so I can't make any debate about this other than what I've already seen or read in the media

Unfortunately the American justice system is beyond my knowledge so I can't make any debate about this other than what I've already seen or read in the media

Press release from the feds. In the U.S. the Federal government and the States are known as "Separate/Dual Sovereigns", both can charge for the same crime and it does not trigger Double Jeopardy, it's just in this instance, it does not fall under Federal murder jurisdiction even though the charges are from the same "Offenses".

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/four...ted-federal-civil-rights-charges-death-george

The mindset is prevalent among many many Whites, who have never given a moment's thought to what it would be like to be poor, especially as a result of 400+ years of racism.
My fishing partner/neighbor is a retired correctional officer- he recently made comment that Blacks commit more crime, that's why there's more of them in prison. I knew that nothing I could say would reach past his blinders.

It's a chicken and egg thing. Black people make up about 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half of all violent crimes. Why is that? Well, there are lots of reasons, but historical racism is certainly among them.

What I mean by that is that racism has kept people down, kept them poor, kept them from having opportunities that others have had. Poverty generates crime. I'm not making excuses for anyone who commits a crime, especially a violent crime.

I'm so tired of the incongruous push that Policeman bad, persons of color good.
This has nothing to do with a person of color. If he'd been white it would've been the same deal. You kill someone in cold blood for no other reason than your personal agenda of hate then they become a martyr.

It's a chicken and egg thing. Black people make up about 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half of all violent crimes. Why is that? Well, there are lots of reasons, but historical racism is certainly among them.

( These are not my opinion, rather opinions gathered over 25 years of involvement with black people on probation)

I was aware of that stat, however: there are other factors: the main one is-the ghetto is a prison, the lack of transportation to get anywhere,
especially the inability to seek employment, the lack of a few dollars in your pocket, the assurance and acceptance of the group makes one
reluctant to leave their 'safe area.'

Cops guard the perimeter, if you leave your area, cops wonder why? "What's he up too?"

I am not pro-black, but ...

Last edited:

Back