Feminist Trends: “Are You Speaking To Me, Momma?”

If there is a particular situation, such as the one you've described, who could argue with sensible precautions being taken.

However, I'm describing what I believe amounts to "competitive parenting", each mother or father demonstrating just what wonderful and caring parents they are by mithering the poor teachers to death "EACH DAY"!
I still will not pass judgment, I would much rather deal with overprotective parents than the ones that don't give a damn.

I still will not pass judgment, I would much rather deal with overprotective parents than the ones that don't give a damn.
Are those the options available though?
My mother used to talk about "positive neglect", (or some such term she used), whereby she deliberately tried not to be overprotective.
She used to talk about, "Folks won't see that off the bus", as a way of defending herself from charges she didn't keep her house as tidy as it might have been, (I've an old photo showing her humour in this regard you must see). I'm talking a woman here who was a formidable housekeeper and unbelievably good cook, just not perhaps your or anyone else's idea of what she should have been, (I spent a lifetime criticising her, only fully realising how much she'd done after she'd gone).
On this thread if you're "not passing judgement" you're pretty unique, and there in a nutshell is my reason for asking others to be less judgemental about the young mother described in the OP.

Are those the options available though?
My mother used to talk about "positive neglect", (or some such term she used), whereby she deliberately tried not to be overprotective.
She used to talk about, "Folks won't see that off the bus", as a way of defending herself from charges she didn't keep her house as tidy as it might have been, (I've an old photo showing her humour in this regard you must see). I'm talking a woman here who was a formidable housekeeper and unbelievably good cook, just not perhaps your or anyone else's idea of what she should have been, (I spent a lifetime criticising her, only fully realising how much she'd done after she'd gone).
On this thread if you're "not passing judgement" you're pretty unique, and there in a nutshell is my reason for asking others to be less judgemental about the young mother described in the OP.
The odds are that the young mother described in the OP is largely fiction, perhaps with a kernel of truth, or perhaps not. And of course, to posit that she is in fact a feminist is pure conjecture.

I still will not pass judgment ....
That's the most sensible thing.
.... I would much rather deal with overprotective parents than the ones that don't give a damn.
So would I. So would I! The overprotective ones have their hearts in the right place, albeit too firmly.

The ones that don't give a damn are simply selfish and probably only wanted children as a showpiece in the first place:
* job 📌
* car 📌
* house 📌
* the latest model telephone 📌
* FaceBook 📌
* Instagram 📌
* boob job 📌
* botox lips 📌
* a child 📌

That's the most sensible thing.

So would I. So would I! The overprotective ones have their hearts in the right place, albeit too firmly.

The ones that don't give a damn are simply selfish and probably only wanted children as a showpiece in the first place:
* job 📌
* car 📌
* house 📌
* the latest model telephone 📌
* FaceBook 📌
* Instagram 📌
* boob job 📌
* botox lips 📌
* a child 📌
It isn't quite right to assume "overprotective parents" don't do harm to their children, (I know, I was leaving your thread be wasn't I).
However, to borrow a word thrown at me recently, (maybe on this thread, though not by your good self), to "blithely" say parents don't give a damn, when you've no idea what's in their hearts, won't do!

Let's assume your list of priorities is accurate, (we've no idea what is or was in each others hearts have we, but put that to one side), we're assuming many parents are feckless. In recognising this, you're assuming there's something to be doing about this that is better than leaving those parents alone, (I'd perhaps suggest offering help of some kind, but not pillorying them).

Dropping ashes on the baby is not as bad as smoking with the baby in the car or in the house. Too bad such "mothers" can't be sterilized.
I agree that smoking in the presence of a child is worse .... unless the ash is still glowing. I actually saw a woman from her 5th. floor balcony toss a glowing cigarette butt down onto the pavement below without so much as a glance first. I know what you are thinking, "What if it landed into a pram with a nestling baby inside ... and the parent didn't notice? What then?" That's a good question you have. I was thinking the very same thing.

Sterilization. Hmmmm. It's worth a thought.

Here is another angle on critical thinking:

Perspicacity.1
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4216424/

"In critical thinking, the nurses still distinguish claims based on facts, conclusions, judgments and opinions. The assessment of the reliability of information is an important stage of critical thinking, where the nurse needs to confirm the accuracy of this information by checking other evidence and informants

The concepts are ideas and opinions that represent objects in the real world and the importance of them. Each person has developed its own concepts, where they are nested by others, either based on personal experience or study or other activities. For a clear understanding of the situation of the patient, the nurse and the patient should be in agreement with the importance of concepts.

People also live under certain assumptions. Many believe that people generally have a generous nature, while others believe that it is a human tendency to act in its own interest. The nurse must believe that life should be considered as invaluable regardless of the condition of the patient, with the patient often believing that quality of life is more important than duration. Nurse and patient, realizing that they can make choices based on these assumptions, can work together for a common acceptable nursing plan."

Back