few spring pics I took today

Few more I took today ..and a couple of old village churches on the other side of where I live and my neighbours cattle enjoying the warmth of the sun...

IMG-4685.jpg

IMG-4687.jpg

I like reading old gravestones. It's amazing the words are still on those ancient stones in your photos. There's something about cows that I love .. maybe it's their general demeanour - laid back. They can be very affectionate too.

I like reading old gravestones. It's amazing the words are still on those ancient stones in your photos. There's something about cows that I love .. maybe it's their general demeanour - laid back. They can be very affectionate too.
yes those cows were quite young, and they definitely are very friendly.. you're right Pinks...

Here's a little clearer gravestone picture...

IMG-4637.jpg

Holly you live in such a beautiful area. I bet those clumps of Daffodils are ages old. I have a cousin who loved to do tombstone rubbings. He would spend hours in cemeteries and church yards gently rubbing the inscriptions onto paper. He had a whole book of them. .He would have loved to have access to the ones in your photos.

Holly you live in such a beautiful area. I bet those clumps of Daffodils are ages old. I have a cousin who loved to do tombstone rubbings. He would spend hours in cemeteries and church yards gently rubbing the inscriptions onto paper. He had a whole book of them. .He would have loved to have access to the ones in your photos.
Thanks Ruth... yes we're lucky to live in such a lovely area in the south East of England .. . Yes indeed we're a brass rubbing paradise here we have so many ancient churches and roman sites...Big churches , and tiny village churches .. I have barely even touched the surface of ancient sites, much less even scratched it from our area..... we have ancient Roman baths nearby as well, he would have loved to visit them too I'm sure ... :D

Back