Finally almost got a diagnosis

GrannyJo, please step with more caution.

I know, a fall can happen to anyone, but you've got enough on your plate without knocking yourself out. I am so sorry!
💔

Pepper, I don't have any family close by haven't had that for over 30 years now.

Just to let everyone know I'm feeling fine again now. The egg on my head is reducing in size every day.

I've started to use my walking stick around the house all the time - used to only use it when I went outside the house.

I'm being well cared for in my community.

I've had one delivery of groceries from my local supermarket under the Seniors priority scheme. My chemist will deliver whatever medications I need.

I phoned my bank manager and she transferred funds from my savings account to my card account so that I can purchase whatever I need online and not have any need to go out while this virus is about.

I will have a telephone interview next week to arrange for extra home services when I need them.

I do miss the personal interaction, and not being able to meet my friends for our usual fortnightly coffee morning, but we can chat on the phone, although that's not quite the same.

Went to the Cancer Institute again this morning. No real hope, even if I chose to take the chemo/radiotherapy route. Too many co-mobidities for that to have any real effect.

I am now being offered palliative care. Someone will be in contact with me on a regular basis - perhaps even daily.

My at home care has also been upgraded. I will have someone here 3 hours a week to help me shower, and so on, and also clean my house and care for my garden.

Meals were delivered to me for the next 3 days, just in case I wasn't able to prepare and cook for myself, though I am still able to do that.

The cost is minimal.

I still feel OK.

It is just the problem of my family really understanding that I won't be around for a long time. They think that the cancer can be "cured" if I undergo all the treatments available. They don't understand that the cancer I have is aggressive and the least like to respond.

It's common for family & friends to think doctors can fix everything. People are programmed to think that way. If that was true, no one would die of Coronavirus or anything else. And some may get angry with you, because anger is easier to deal with than grief.

Last edited:
It's good that you are being offered palliative care, and that you are getting the help you need right now.

Family tend to prefer sometimes to keep their eyes and ears closed to what they don't want to hear. I went through this with my sister when Mom had cancer. All they need to do is listen.

Hoping you are able to keep as comfortable as possible.

It's good that you are being offered palliative care, and that you are getting the help you need right now.

Family tend to prefer sometimes to keep their eyes and ears closed to what they don't want to hear. I went through this with my sister when Mom had cancer. All they need to do is listen.

Hoping you are able to keep as comfortable as possible.
they don't want to listen, of course they don't, they're hearing but they're not listening, they don't want to deal with it in their minds , it could be too heartbreaking for them, who can blame them, ? so they choose to dismiss it as something that auntie, mum, grandma will recover from .😟 it's all very tragic, and highly frustrating for grannyjo too, I should imagine..

@grannyjo , I'm sorry to hear this latest news.. ...you're the most stoical person I have ever had the pleasure, (yet tinged with deep sadness) of meeting here on the forum.... It's a feeling of complete helplessness for me, as it probably is for others on here , if only there was some way we could be of help, if only there was some way of curing you, and keeping you alive for a long time yet... , but of course we can't , but we can pray that whatever your journey brings, it doesn't bring you pain... !!

Please keep us updated as often as you can, we'll only worry that something awful has happened if not.. 🌷

I'm still around, and still doing OK.

Quite honestly, I don't feel too different to the way I felt months ago. I get a little bit tireder a bit quicker and my breathlessness is a bit worse, but not remarkably so.

Just that my computer decided to die, so I ordered in a rebuilt one and it arrived yesterday. Spent some time setting it up to the way I wanted it to work.

I hope you are settled in nicely and just taking one day at a time, grannyjo. Do you get to sit outside, sometimes, to take the air? I guess it's starting to cool down a bit where you are.

Good to hear from you :)

@grannyjo Even though i'm somewhat a stranger to you, arrived here after you received your heart breaking diagnosis, i would like to be another strength and support for you, along with the many SF friends here. Sorry that you don't have family near. So, we can be your Family and Friends, and will be proud to do so. My wish and hope for you is, " for you to have endless time.....endless quality time " to experience as much life as you can. You sound like you have all your apples in the right basket. Try to stay with us here, as long as you're able. My heart and thoughts are with you.🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹25 Quotes About Inner Strength and Resilience for When You're Struggling.jpeg

Do you have thr cancer in both lungs or only the one? Do they expect it to metastasis?

Back