Finding Love in the Era of Covid

I was MIA for the holidays so just trying to catch up. So...you're saying that when you were 37 years old, she was only 10 years old and now that your 65...she should be okay with a sex only relationship? I love the sound of my feet walking away from something not meant for me. Call me old fashioned 😉
Had to come back to this one. I think others have characterized it as a sex-only relationship, too. It isn't. We've become very good friends. We care about each other and help each other in various ways. We've cooked for each other and cut each other's hair...she's a better barber than I am a hairdresser so I doubt she'll be handing me the scissors for a second time. We laugh, we have serious conversations, we're enjoying each other's company.

Had to come back to this one. I think others have characterized it as a sex-only relationship, too. It isn't. We've become very good friends. We care about each other and help each other in various ways. We've cooked for each other and cut each other's hair...she's a better barber than I am a hairdresser so I doubt she'll be handing me the scissors for a second time. We laugh, we have serious conversations, we're enjoying each other's company.
Sounds like a great relationship for both of you. Enjoy each other.

Just want to put this out there.

Last year, I bought myself one of those Purple mattresses. They're basically foam mattresses but the design is unique and the foam itself is too. It's kind of jelly-rubbery stuff. And it's purple. Well, I sleep like a baby on it (no back pain) so I went back to the website to see if they had kid mattresses. They don't (cuz, lots of regulations) but they had pet beds. So I ordered a large (Great Dane size) pet bed for Collin. It's like 35"x47" - something like that - so it didn't fit the youth bed I got him, but that's okay bc the youth bed was too narrow (he's a big guy for his age). I built a tent to fit over/around it and he loved it even more. Anyhow, I thought CPS would take issue with one of their kids sleeping on a pet bed on the floor but both his workers loved it.

(Put this in the wrong thread, but whatever. It's staying.)
So is the purple mattress as great as advertised. Would you say it's the best mattress you've ever had?

Michelle can't have children. She had a hysterectomy when she was only 24 because of endometriosis. This is largely why she wants to open a foster home. She wants to get a house because she can only foster 2 children at a time at these apartments. Her plan is on hold now anyway because she lost her job at a place that closed a few months ago. She thinks she has enough for a downpayment but then she'll have to meet the mortgage and doesn't want that to come out of her savings so she's waiting till she gets another job.

If I went in on this with her, I'd pay 1/2 the mortgage and utilities and supplies but I'd also get 1/2 the fostering income. I'd live with her and up to 5 foster kids and I'd probably be the handyman and groundskeeper. I don't wanna.
Maybe that's what the rush was all about. Maybe she thought she could get you to think with the wrong head! I'm so glad you didn't fall for that and are sticking to your guns! BTW, I've always said people don't get sense until they're in their 40's. :D

So is the purple mattress as great as advertised. Would you say it's the best mattress you've ever had?
It is. I got a "middlin'" one, an inch less thick and soft-sided. I would have wasted the extra cost if I'd gotten the "better" one. It was kind of weird the first time I sat on the edge of it and almost slid off, but you just sit a little farther back on it and it's fine. Extremely comfortable, not too warm or too cool, and best of all, for the first time in 3 decades, I can sleep on my back!

Back