Finding Love in the Era of Covid

People are So Crazy @Murrmurr that I hope your being in bed with Collin is never used to misconstrue anything. Of course it isn't but people seem nuttier and meaner than ever. I worry, I'm a worrier and have your best interests in my heart.

Exactly. I suspect she probably had an STD or would have one eventually. She just liked men too much.

One of the great things about older women is that they don't get pregnant. A buddy of mine married a 20 year younger gal in her early 40's. At 65 he is now the father of two year old twins. Better him than me.

Another acquaintance is 70 with a newborn. Again, a 40 year old wife. What is it with those 40 year old women? Is it their mission to give children to old men?:rolleyes:
Michelle can't have children. She had a hysterectomy when she was only 24 because of endometriosis. This is largely why she wants to open a foster home. She wants to get a house because she can only foster 2 children at a time at these apartments. Her plan is on hold now anyway because she lost her job at a place that closed a few months ago. She thinks she has enough for a downpayment but then she'll have to meet the mortgage and doesn't want that to come out of her savings so she's waiting till she gets another job.

If I went in on this with her, I'd pay 1/2 the mortgage and utilities and supplies but I'd also get 1/2 the fostering income. I'd live with her and up to 5 foster kids and I'd probably be the handyman and groundskeeper. I don't wanna.

People are So Crazy @Murrmurr that I hope your being in bed with Collin is never used to misconstrue anything. Of course it isn't but people seem nuttier and meaner than ever. I worry, I'm a worrier and have your best interests in my heart.
I do worry about this. I need to break this habit before he can talk to people about it, you know? I hate to resort to the "Daddy Voice" and insist he stay in bed but I might have to do that.

I do worry about this. I need to break this habit before he can talk to people about it, you know? I hate to resort to the "Daddy Voice" and insist he stay in bed but I might have to do that.
Can you imagine him saying to *anyone* "I sleep with Uncle Frank"?? First thing, he'd be barred from my home while there's an investigation and inquisition. I'd lose my license. He'd have to go through a physical exam. That would exonerate me but still, we'd have to go through all this crap and I'd be prohibited from having him overnight and probably get supervised-only visits for months on end. Collin doesn't need that on top of everything else.

Can you imagine him saying to *anyone* "I sleep with Uncle Frank"?? First thing, he'd be barred from my home while there's an investigation and inquisition. I'd lose my license. He'd have to go through a physical exam. That would exonerate me but still, we'd have to go through all this crap and I'd be prohibited from having him overnight and probably get supervised-only visits for months on end. Collin doesn't need that on top of everything else.
Children are so innocent, and to them saying something lovable about someone they love doing something they love is a pleasure to talk about. I honestly hate the thought of Collin Not being able to jump into bed with you But...........seems to me a growing number of folks today are just so intent on being involved, whether they are being vindictive or thinking they are 'helping.' Ask a professional, and I don't mean Collin's caseworkers. Are you friends with a social worker or psychology person or in therapy?

Protect your relationship. It is so valuable to you both. ❤️

Children are so innocent, and to them saying something lovable about someone they love doing something they love is a pleasure to talk about. I honestly hate the thought of Collin Not being able to jump into bed with you But...........seems to me a growing number of folks today are just so intent on being involved, whether they are being vindictive or thinking they are 'helping.' Ask a professional, and I don't mean Collin's caseworkers. Are you friends with a social worker or psychology person or in therapy?

Protect your relationship. It is so valuable to you both. ❤️
That's a very good suggestion. I do know someone, a family counselor who's not involved in Collin's case. She's a good resource.
Thanks, Pepper.

You should try one of those weighted blankets too, Murrmurr. It really helped my autistic grandson when he was younger. He also used to go to his closet (on his own) when he was having a melt down. He had the floor filled with quilts and sleeping bags and apparently this helped calm him when nothing else could.

You should try one of those weighted blankets too, Murrmurr. It really helped my autistic grandson when he was younger. He also used to go to his closet (on his own) when he was having a melt down. He had the floor filled with quilts and sleeping bags and apparently this helped calm him when nothing else could.
I've thought about that. In fact I looked for a kid sized one but couldn't find one. Is your grandson's small sized?

Aside from the COVID mess that we're in, getting married seems so much simpler when I look back 60-some years - - -2 people, ages 17 and 19 - - -without any careers, kids, property, or bank accounts that amounted to anything. 😀

If I had to do it later in life I might have thrown in the towel and lived the life of a hermit. but best wishes for whatever develops.

Aside from the COVID mess that we're in, getting married seems so much simpler when I look back 60-some years - - -2 people, ages 17 and 19 - - -without any careers, kids, property, or bank accounts that amounted to anything. 😀

If I had to do it later in life I might have thrown in the towel and lived the life of a hermit.
If I had the benefit of hindsight I wouldn't have married practically right out of high school. Theses days cultures that pair men in their 30s or 40s with women as young as 18-19 make sense. I'm not talking about where they give a 9 yr old girl to a 75 yr old guy who's practically a corpse already! But like a few places in the eastern hemisphere the guy only marries after he has a good job and he's clean out of wild oats and selfishness, and he's mature enough to protect and provide for his family and put their needs and those of his livelihood before his own.

idk, maybe they don't still do it that way except in outlying tribal areas.

Yes but I don't think most women fall in love with a man because they think he's gonna be a good sperm donor. Ya know?

Come to think of it...can the swimmers of a 70 yr old perform well enough to create this better society if they actually manage to make it to the end of the swim?

Yes but I don't think most women fall in love with a man because they think he's gonna be a good sperm donor. Ya know?
That's true of young women. They have a more romanticized view of marriage and family, imo. More mature women look for a partner with whom they can build a good life. So maybe we should ALL wait until we know wth we're doing.

Back