Followers of NTT IndyCar Racing

ArnoldC

Anyone here follow the NTT IndyCar Series? Dabbled with it a bit back 2022, skipped 2023 and am back for another go at it 2024.

Picked two teams to follow in Fantasy Racing: Ed Carpenter Racing and Juncos Hollinger Racing.

Indycar Series...Nascar...Monster Truck...WWE...The TV Show Married With Children...

Entertainment for retarded hillbillies.

I enjoy the open wheelers and the Sport Car racing. Sort of tired of NASCAR major wrecks deciding the win of most all races.
Get in a wreck, "Leaders of the wreck are disqualified from the next race" would make the race more like it
was back when Having a Wreck would most likely harm you a lot. Racing and wrecks have become too safe.
Constantly watching 2/3 of the field get intentionally wrecked out sux. I know it's the game plan of NASCAR !
Nascar and Pro Football / Basketball have run their days out is my thought. Way overpaid bunch and the Commentators---
Well you all fired.

Yea, I have watched several races. They are really exciting. Super fast cars, really challenging courses, best drivers, and great competition. My favorite PC game was a grand prix style racing game...I played it until I won the game. It took a few months. :)

Registration for fantasy racing begins tomorrow (March 4th). See how that plays out.

Not a big fan of street races. Guess if I'm fielding a fantasy team though, I'll have to take the bad with the good and suit up for them all.

Registration for fantasy racing begins tomorrow (March 4th). See how that plays out.

Not a big fan of street races. Guess if I'm fielding a fantasy team though, I'll have to take the bad with the good and suit up for them all.
(y) Back in the day...
Connecting hwy connects the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Grand Central Parkway in Queens street racers gathered in the parking lot of Mitchell's hamburger joint on 7th Avenue in Brooklyn, then went out under the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, or to Second Avenue to settle it.
And if you were good..... you earned this.

kill sticker.JPG

ROFLOL, dog. NHRAish logo even. I need one of those. :D

Indycar street racing is controlled access (sort of, wandering dogs and all that being the exception). Although having a state police car as a series chase and safety car would be a nice touch.

As OP of this thread, I'm all allowed to hi-jack my own thread. A bit anyway. As a hobby I run my RC cars in a 'Street Legal' race series. Based off a full-scale Street Legal drag strip in Perris, CA. Its a track in SoCal where racers can take their street legal cars and race them in a controlled and safe environment.

Anway, Indycar racing is "All-American", sort of.

Last edited:
INDYCAR Radio Network rocks. Don't have streaming access so rely on good-old-radio streaming online to save the day.

Listened in entirety to both the NXT and NTT races from St. Pete (FL) Fri., Sat. and Sun. Took in practice, quals, and races. Top notch radio coverage. Maintained an online tab showing drivers so I could put a face to a car during the racing. Something you don't even see on streaming video.

Both my selected teams run mid-pack which is where I like to be. Lots of good racing there. My NXT driver, Lindsay BREWER, did well in her first outing. Never pranged the car and stayed out of trouble. Best one can hope for from a rookie. Hope she does well in the series and advances to the "big cars" in NTT.

PREMA Racing, an Italian organization with vast open wheel racing experience, announcing today it will field a two-car team in the IndyCar series for 2025.

Already it is establishing a presence with a shop in Indiana. With its rep, it won't be difficult putting together a couple of drivers and an experienced staff.

Paraphrasing here, PREMA says it understands it cannot bring a European mindset to American racing and wants to employ as much local (U.S.) talent as it can. Reading the press releases, appears a win-win for the IndyCar series and PREMA.

I haven't watched the races since the one in which racer Swede Savage was severely injured (and later died) and his team mate who was running across the track to help was hit and killed by the fire truck rushing to the crash. I just saw news about another terrible crash in which the car careened into the stands.

Diva, it is unfortunate you carry that memory. Motorsports has always been an endeavor carrying a certain inherent and accepted risk. That doesn't make the loss of anyone any easier to accept. Racers have a special place in their hearts and minds for those fallen in pursuit of the sport.

Here are two IndyCar safety links and how they respond to incidents:

IndyCar Safety Team

IndyCar Safety Equipment

Last edited:

Back