Following an OnGoing Series

Jules

SF VIP
Have you followed a series for such a long time that you just kept watching because it kept going.

I’ve watched Blacklist for 8 seasons. I’d have liked to have ended a few seasons ago but after spending so much time, I keep watching. Fortunately I can record and zip through.

I continue to watch The Blacklist, too.

There are probably several series I have given up on. So, no, I don't watch just because it's on. I am guilty of having the tv on as background noise, though.

For me, four or five seasons is perfect. After that, the story lines often become strange & overwritten.

There’s a FB group for Blacklist. I joined out of curiosity. People analyze everything over every season. I sure hope that their theory of who Raymond Reddington is wrong. Mostly, I just ignore the posts.

I also joined a FB group for Yellowstone. That cleared up a few details but I’m not willing to jump in and do a deep dive.

I suppose they have FB groups for every tv series.

For me, four or five seasons is perfect. After that, the story lines often become strange & overwritten.
That is a most apt description. The fact that it was made for the big screen doesn't make James Bond as enjoyable as the first few films featuring Sean Connery in the title role. Bond is a cold war hero/villain, all the books reflect that, but he has been preserved in aspic. To be honest I did give up on Bond after the succession of actors that followed. The plots, the twists & turns, the girls, the baddies, all so predictable. Heresy, or what?

I am addicted to a few shows.I am soo addicted to Criminal Minds that I got Netflix that I have watched every episode I already have seen. I can't wait for Ozark to come back on again. I also can't wait to see Dexter come back on again. I did like law and order SVU, but after Christopher Meloni left the show I lost all interest in it.

I watch Big Brother only for the reason that there is not much new on in the summer. Show is on but most of the time I am not really tuning in. Same old, same old.

And I will still continue to watch Blacklist as it seems to have perked up now.

Back