Football Season

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I live in the Cleveland area and we have the Browns for a team. I have not watched football because I really haven't understood the game but I figure if I watch I may discover what they are doing and why...:) I don't know if we have a good team this year or not but will see.

What is your team and do you watch them?
browns.jpg

I gave up on our local pro football team,Buffalo Bills yrs ago because they were boring to watch.I feel bad for long time die hard fans who spend way too much money going to home games only to be disappointed. A couple yrs ago,they did make it into the playoffs,but lost in 1st playoff game
I love watching college football,more exciting than the hapless Bills

I enjoy watching Premier League games. A Watford fan, myself, my wife's favorites are the hapless Hammers from West Ham.

On the home front, I've been a Patriots fan since they were formed in the old AFL back in the early 60's. I don't attend games as often as I used to but they're located in Foxboro, Mass., only about 35-40 miles from my home

I grew up watching the Chicago Bears and Papa Halas who was the owner and one time coach. This was because the only good channel we could get on the TV carried the Bears. It is a pleasant memory of watching the Bears playing with the snow coming down drinking beer and eating pop corn. I now boycott football because of the kneeling SHIT during the playing of our National Anthem. I do not have a problem with the protest of injustice treatment of Afro-Americans, but professional athletics are paid millions to play a game and the owners of the teams are making millions. An agenda of protest could be better served other than disrespect of the American Flag. According to reports attendance is down, but TV viewing was up, looks like the majority does not care. I have to admit, if the Bears on on TV I usually watch.

Not much into NFL, but love college football though since my team (Mississippi State) is in the SEC West, our chances of ever winning a championship are zero to none. Do watch Dallas now since Dak Prescott is with them.

I went to a local football clinic for women about 20 years ago, to be able to get into the games better. It was a very detailed 3 hour course, with some NFL players on hand explaining and answering questions. It was very helpful, and I went from that to helping run a local NFL Internet board. (95% guys) I still have the information given out that day, and the shirt. :)

I always enjoyed watching both the NFL and college teams.
Oh, @Ruthanne, I grew up on Cleveland Browns football as a kid, being from that area. I think they are going in the right direction this year.

Last edited:
I've been a "casual" NFL fan for years. Then, last year, the KC Chiefs got a new quarterback....Patrick Mahomes....and that guy is really a hoot to watch. He became the NFL "player of the year" in his 1st regular season, and if he continues to improve, and doesn't get injured, he may become one of the best QB's of all time.

I now boycott football because of the kneeling SHIT during the playing of our National Anthem. I do not have a problem with the protest of injustice treatment of Afro-Americans, but professional athletics are paid millions to play a game and the owners of the teams are making millions. An agenda of protest could be better served other than disrespect of the American Flag. According to reports attendance is down, but TV viewing was up, looks like the majority does not care.

I just don't understand why so many people get outraged about a few football players kneeling to protest what I feel is a very legitimate concern, and yet when it comes to the criminals in the Wall Street boardrooms that are ripping us off to the tune of billions, they don't seem to care at all? What's up with that?

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why so many people get their panties in a wad about that but then when it comes to the criminals in the Wall Street boardrooms that are ripping us off to the tune of billions, they don't seem to care at all? What's up with that?
Lets face it....it is a corrupt world.

I just don't understand why so many people get outraged about a few football players kneeling to protest what I feel is a very legitimate concern, and yet when it comes to the criminals in the Wall Street boardrooms that are ripping us off to the tune of billions, they don't seem to care at all? What's up with that?

I wish they'd do it off the job, especially since their job is entertainment. I'm a Christian but was never comfortable with Tim Tebow's scripture messages on his eyeblack. There's a time to express religious and political views and it isn't on the job IMO. Athletes have such a high profile that they have plenty of opportunities to advocate for their causes other than when I'm tuning in to be entertained. Same with music and acting awards shows which I no longer watch for this reason.

Last edited:
I went to a local football clinic for women about 20 years ago, to be able to get into the games better. It was a very detailed 3 hour course, with some NFL players on hand explaining and answering questions. It was very helpful, and I went from that to helping run a local NFL Internet board. (95% guys) I still have the information given out that day, and the shirt. :)

I always enjoyed watching both the NFL and college teams.
Oh, @Ruthanne, I grew up on Cleveland Browns football as a kid, being from that area. I think they are going in the right direction this year.
That's something that you learned football that way...Nice to see another person from the area! We will see how the Browns do! :)

Back