for anyone who uses prescription painkillers

JaniceM

One of the locals told me about this, am wondering if it's only here or widespread:
individuals who use prescription painkillers are required to see "pain doctors," and submit to random drug tests and random pill-counts.
I don't take anything, so I thought I'd ask here if it's unusual.

I take prescription meds, and I've never heard of this rule ..but then I'm not in the US, so it could be very different

I do have to have a regular annual check up with the doctor to see if I'm still in need of the meds, but it only amounts to a chat...

You can only get a short term prescription for pain pills-usually 7 days. If you are a chronic pain patient, you have to see a pain doctor at a pain clinic for continued prescriptions. No other doctor is supposed to prescribe pain medication for you and you can’t get pain pills from the ER unless that doctor talks to your pain doctor.

It gets really complicated in the USofA. Pain medications are tracked, nationwide, on computers so the drug stores know when you had your last refill and where. You will/might be questioned by the clerk. Your doctor might be called.

Also, there are pain patches and creams-you can only get these if you have certain medical conditions. Hope this helps you understand. Have the restrictions helped? Well, people still rob banks as well, so, I would say no.

Pennsylvania and Florida are pretty much alike with regards to their opioid prescription program. Both states that have patients on opiates are listed in a database. Those patients are limited to ‘x’ amount of pills per month. The exception is for patients who have chronic pain, such as, but not limited to cancer. Those patients are permitted a higher number of pills per month. No one “needs” to see only a pain doctor. An Oncologist would be able to issue a higher number of pills.

Once a year urine sample. They can check with the pharmacist to make sure I'm not taking or ordering more than I should. Had to sign a paper allowing them to do that. Of course that means the pharmacist bugs me if I'm ever late filling my other prescriptions too. No pain clinic for me, just my PCP.

Once a year urine sample. They can check with the pharmacist to make sure I'm not taking or ordering more than I should. Had to sign a paper allowing them to do that. Of course that means the pharmacist bugs me if I'm ever late filling my other prescriptions too. No pain clinic for me, just my PCP.
Do you take opiates?

Oh, that's not a very friendly drug. Can cause renal issues. I imagine you have your blood tested a few times per year.

Yeah, I gotta pee in a bottle once a year... and am on Narcotic Pain killers and have been for about 10 years now... I don't have a problem peeing in a bottle once a year for them... It was the Government that started this in probably the last 3 or 4 years...

We are getting closer to the day when we will be given a piece of leather to bite down on in between the screams. Seems to be no effort to come up with a nonaddicted drug to treat pain.

Screenshot-2020-03-29-at-6-07-44-AM.png

Are you on opiates?

Back