For Those of You Who Watch PBS

Ruthanne

SF VIP
For those of you who watch the PBS channels which shows have you liked?

I have watched quite a few and really find the things on the World channel to be very good. This morning I watched a show on Native American energy production.

I think it's good to watch some educational things besides the things on regular broadcast tv.

I get both MA and NH PBS...I mostly watch nature and outdoor shows on the NH channel. There's an 80 year old man, Will Lang, who has a show called Windows To The Wild and broadcasts as he hikes all around the White Mountains of NH, one of my favorite places. He has an amazing amount of knowledge about history, legend and tradition, and the scenery is breathtaking.

I also like This Old House, which features some very skilled tradesmen (carpenter. plumber, etc.) doing all sorts of interesting projects. a lot of local news and political shows, I particularly like Greater Boston, which features a diverse group of local people discussing the issues of the day, and On The Record, where they interview prominent locals.

I have a streaming TV service, YouTube TV...I chose it over Hulu and others because it was the only one that offered PBS. I've never watched any of the dramatic series, are there any that you'd recommend?

I get both MA and NH PBS...I mostly watch nature and outdoor shows on the NH channel. There's an 80 year old man, Will Lang, who has a show called Windows To The Wild and broadcasts as he hikes all around the White Mountains of NH, one of my favorite places. He has an amazing amount of knowledge about history, legend and tradition, and the scenery is breathtaking.

I also like This Old House, which features some very skilled tradesmen (carpenter. plumber, etc.) doing all sorts of interesting projects. a lot of local news and political shows, I particularly like Greater Boston, which features a diverse group of local people discussing the issues of the day, and On The Record, where they interview prominent locals.

I have a streaming TV service, YouTube TV...I chose it over Hulu and others because it was the only one that offered PBS. I've never watched any of the dramatic series, are there any that you'd recommend?
I, too, watch the nature shows but only up to when the predators are about to devour an animal...I have to switch the channel then. I also like This Old House--I love shows about house restoration and design. Sorry, I don't believe I've watched any dramatic stuff on PBS, at least not in many years so I can't recall if I've ever watched any or what they were about:unsure:

I'll have to watch Windows to the Wild--sounds like a fantastic show.

My watching of PBS over the years has been far and wide. Spectacular content and I miss it dearly.

We cut our cable a number of years ago and haven't looked back, but how I miss certain television programming, PBS being one of them.

Whenever one is on, we watch a Rock n Roll, Oldies or Motown music concert. One such Rock n Roll concert, The 60's Rock Experience, we thought was so good, we bought the DVD of the show. It cost us $125. When we had a DVD Recorder/Player, we recorded a few of the concerts.

We also enjoy watching Antique Road Show.

Love PBS but I cut the cable and watch TV with Roku. Some of the PBS offering are on U-Tube but might come with commercials added. I watch PBS News Hour there.

Frontline is the best, they present a documentary when it is complete, there not tied to a weekly schedule.
All the documentaries on PBS are/were excellent.

Here in the Dallas area PBS has gone to hell, presenting music programs-one group for an hour or so.
Pledge Drives constantly...

I suppose they lack the funds to present the excellent programs they used too,-not sure.

We still get the Brit Comedies on Sunday Nights...We've been getting "Are You Being Served," (produced in the 1970's and 80's)
forever.

Frontline is the best, they present a documentary when it is complete, there not tied to a weekly schedule.
All the documentaries on PBS are/were excellent.

Here in the Dallas area PBS has gone to hell, presenting music programs-one group for an hour or so.
Pledge Drives constantly...

I suppose they lack the funds to present the excellent programs they used too,-not sure.

We still get the Brit Comedies on Sunday Nights...We've been getting "Are You Being Served," (produced in the 1970's and 80's)
forever.
The MacNeil/Lehrer Report, was another favourite of mine.

Whenever one is on, we watch a Rock n Roll, Oldies or Motown music concert. One such Rock n Roll concert, The 60's Rock Experience, we thought was so good, we bought the DVD of the show. It cost us $125. When we had a DVD Recorder/Player, we recorded a few of the concerts.

We also enjoy watching Antique Road Show.
I like those oldies rock n roll shows also. I've never bought any dvds or cds but have wanted to at times.

My watching of PBS over the years has been far and wide. Spectacular content and I miss it dearly.

We cut our cable a number of years ago and haven't looked back, but how I miss certain television programming, PBS being one of them.
I believe you can get PBS with Broadcast tv which requires a hd digital antenna be it indoors or out. I get it that way. Only cost me minimal for the antenna and no monthy fee.

PBS is one of the hardest channels for us to bring in. We have tried several different antenna's and on occasion we can, but then the next day, we can't. This house has all Double brick walls and I think that hurts any possibility of getting the signals. I do love the old british comedy's that we could watch on PBS.

Just discovered "Doctor Finlay" with David Rintoul from 1993.... ah bliss. I feel a batch of scones and a pot of tea coming on!

Back