From A Wide Spot In The Road

Slept in this morning. Got up at eight-thirty. Played my harmonicas some, got the coffee ready to make when my wife gets up,
read a bit. Wife had pancakes and Sand Plum Jelly. I had waffles with syrup and two strips of bacon, some good coffee.

Has anyone read this Nora Roberts book? Probably not. Anyway to ask a question from way down here in the cellar or the
diaries, well, they're not likely to be read let alone any questions answered. But thats okay. One must always assume he or she is
communicating their selves. After all what else is a diary for?

I did pay acouple of billls this morning to be mailed out in the morning. Annual homeowners bill and MasterCard. Been putting some groceries on the MasterCard so it is a little higher, since I've had groceries delivered in. And we've had more dinner meals delivered. Wife wants to get a way from cooking. I concur and think that is a good idea.

It is not quite noon yet so to anyone reading this writ, have a happy, georgous Sunday. Thanks for reading.

Giving my harmonicas a workout this morning with some Gospel and Country favorites.
Got that orchestra tuned harp sounding good even with those stainless reeds. It makes
me want a good chromatic harp with that extra octave or two.

The harmonica keeps my lungs and diaphragm exercising, helps me breathe better. And I like it I can play almost anything I know.
So I keep blowing. I want a tee shirt with a picture of a small harp with the words above and below saying, Easy Breathing. Thanks for your comment.

That's a great idea for keeping your breathing healthy and strong.

There are a lot of places that will print just one shirt for about $10 free shipping. They use a digital print from your art or they can do the art for you (for extra I assume). Be careful to check reviews so you don't get scammed but, worse case scenario...you can only lose $10
Here's one you can try: https://www.designashirt.com/just-one

That's a great idea for keeping your breathing healthy and strong.

There are a lot of places that will print just one shirt for about $10 free shipping. They use a digital print from your art or they can do the art for you (for extra I assume). Be careful to check reviews so you don't get scammed but, worse case scenario...you can only lose $10
Here's one you can try: https://www.designashirt.com/just-one

Thanks.

Mickey Mouse, the 4 sixes ranch out near my old stamping grounds is under contract. Apparently sold to some Hollywood
heavy weights including the producer of Yellowstone. That is one of Texas biggest spreads. I don't know if that includes the
two ranches in the Texas panhandle that are part of the 4 sixes. It's a bunch of acres.

Couldn't sleep. Up now in the office playing my harmonica. It's 2:30, thinking of breakfast and a good cup of coffee.
Grandson graduates collage tomorrow afternoon. He turned twenty-two last month, a man now. He's got a scholarship
in the Fall to do graduate work. Granddaughters going to Italy with her mother, then to dance the summer away in Spain.
Bigmother and myself will hold down the fort here in Oklahoma.

I've got a birhday coming up this month. I think I'm going to buy myself a coconut cake and eat the whole dang thing. I've
been hungary for coconut for the past few months. I may fix that. I started to say tomorrow's a new day but it's tomorrow
already because it's Saturday and that's good because I'm off on Saturdays.

HGot my grocery delivery settled. Going with Walmart+. Have usedthem three times and so far, so good. Wife is trying to
quit cooking. She can't see to turn on stove, cann'treed the numbers, and sometime forgets how to cook. We've gone to
the microwave as much as possible but we've got help starting next week. someone who will help clean and cook up some
meals for us. So all things considered we're doing pretty well. Still gota few wrinkles to iron out bt we're in better shape
than we were. I'm not complaining, just talking and it's about three a.m. Guess I'll shut up and go back to bed. Good night world.

It seems the weather has been a little cooler this spring. We’ve had far less storms and much fewer tornados. Supposed to warm up today and storms are forcast for all next week.

It is 1:22. I didn't know it was so late. But then I did have breakfast at around eleven. I've been observing the rain
and thinking, writing a little. That exercising my fingers on the keyboard which are almost always a littlle stiff
when I get up of a morning. And I think the mind gets a bit of exercise, too.

We, my good wife and I have been doing a bit poorly. She is almost totally bling. And she's getting up in age. No doubt she is still more cabable mentally than am I but we rely on each other. My shortness of breath has bled over into oxygen s starvation and it is happening more often, the least little thing can bring me to total breathlessness and I'm no good for five minutes or longer. By no good I mean frozen in place. But the good new is tomorrow we are getting some help. We have someonecome to clean and assist us who also loves to cook
and will be helping us with whatever we need for right hours a week.

I'm so glad for my son and his family are driving to Wisconsin Monday. and will be gone a week. It's a comfort
having him around for I could call him if my wife fell and I couldn't get her up ao if the reverse happened. So now fortwo days a week, four ours each day, Monday and Tuesday, there will be help nearby.

The rain has slowed to a hurried sprinkle. My mind has about emptied and needs a recharge unless hit upon.

I've got to bathe today. What a hassle. Getting into and out of the tub where I have a chair with a shower mat.
At least one leg, preferably two needs to to be on the mat to keep the chairfrom sliding. If I don't hve my feet
or at least one foot on the mat my foot wants to slip. Have not fallen but come close. Keep the shower head
in hand or close by so I can soap down then inse off., Still I get breathless. I may need two mats. I don't
know but whatever, I'll get a shower after a while. I guess it is better than being in a zoo where people bring
their children on Sunday to stare.

Not that it makes any difference to anyone, I still want to tell you. Maybe it will be the only trhing you will remember me by if
I'm remembered at all. This flower is the first photo taken when I moved from God's country to Oklahoma. It was growing
wild near the back fence and the wild was whirling wildly. I snapped the shutter on its outward swing with the wind. And when I
lookled at it, I thought, not bad old man.
55AF7DC9-7B22-4CFC-AA62-3791BE34EE9E_1_105_c.jpeg
The rain has stopped.

You must be so proud of your Grands!

I'm happy to see you've got some help coming in. This will greatly improve your days. Let us know how that goes. 🌹
@RadishRose,Yes, I am proud of them, I suppose. I hope he can find a job and make a living with his field of study. But he did get a great scholarship.

Last edited:
Yes, today was the first day for help. He did a very good job. Today he cleaned and a few little odds and ins my wife wanted him to do.
I think tomorrow she's going to have him drive her to the grocery story and be her eyes because she can't read labels but wanted
to go herself and look for a few things. I think it is going to be great. I'm tinkled with the arrangement.

Sorry about the first sloppy writ.

Last edited:
Storns again tonight and the wee morning hours. Hope we don't get any more hail. Have significant roof dmage andwndows knocked out
from the last storm. Seven more nights of storms predicted. This is worrisome, too. We're getting far too much rain all at once. But nobody asked me.

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another
As to remain cool always cool and unruffled under all
circumstances.

Thomas Jefferson

From the book of Calm

Last edited:
Think I’m getting too old and cantankerous to be much social anymore.
Too much bad judgement, bad decisions. Best wishes to all with whom
I interacted. Take care.
No... you cannot leave the forum, you've been around here since the beginning, we have not given you permission to leave, and we've all been here as friends for many years ..!! :oops::(

See you when you're feeling a little less overwhelmed Drifter... :love:

Last edited:

Back