From A Wide Spot In The Road

As they say, "Rise and shine, the sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where's
that little boy who looks after the sheep? Well, he's in the haystack, fast asleep. Or
somethimnglike that. It goes like this:

Little Boy Blue​

BY MOTHER GOOSE
Little boy blue,
Come blow your horn,
The sheep's in the meadow,
The cow's in the corn.
But where is the boy
Who looks after the sheep?
He's under a haystack,
Fast asleep.

Thinking out loud or what comes to mind.

As they say, "Rise and shine, the sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where's
that little boy who looks after the sheep? Well, he's in the haystack, fast asleep. Or
somethimnglike that. It goes like this:

Little Boy Blue​

BY MOTHER GOOSE
Little boy blue,
Come blow your horn,
The sheep's in the meadow,
The cow's in the corn.
But where is the boy
Who looks after the sheep?
He's under a haystack,
Fast asleep.

Thinking out loud or what comes to mind.
I remember that drifter! I had a beautiful set of ChildCraft books with beautiful illustrations and nursery rhymes. That was one of my favorites. Thanks for posting it

I got a flu shot today. I need a few groceries. Will send an order to Walmart + later
to be delivered in the morning before noon. Reading a lot lately. Reading mostly western
but am tiring of them. What to read next?

Cool again this morning @RadishRose, 52. High will be 76. Do you prefer cool weather or warm? I like them both in their season.
I bought a zip up sweatshirt from Amazon. I tried to cancel it becaause I got the wrong size. Couldn't. Now must return. Sometimes
I just make work for myself.

Yes. I'll check out Schulman, although humor is not my thing ordinary.
Oh, I see. Sometimes a funny turn of phrase just hits the spot for me. I know you like westerns but are getting tired of them for now.

What about biographies or autobiographies? Well Steinbeck's "Travels With Charlie" is autobiographical and it was very interesting.

How about crime?

Yes, I like crime. Been reading some of John Grisham's Books but last two were a little boring.

Last edited:
John Grisham seems to be the king of the genre. I've only read one book by him many years ago; I remember it was very good but it's typically not my thing.

You know I used to be a great reader. I worked in a bookstore and I read constantly but I would say the last ten years or so I can't concentrate on reading anymore.

My mind wanders and then I think I might be missing something on TV or on the Internet; it's ridiculous.:(

I’ll bet it was fun. But then I don't know, I did volunteer work for a few years
with a Friends of the Library who had one lasrge and one or two smaller sales
a year. All their books were donated. It was fun and socially beneficial

Last edited:

Back