From A Wide Spot In The Road

...the site you posted has nice ones. hand double-stitched, free shipping but no returns.
"no returns" is a good observation but only $20 including shipping for a fine handcrafted real leather wallet almost makes it worth the risk...BUT drifter made a good point, "it looks too big for a pocket". I didn't notice the side view pic at first but now that I see the side view it definitely looks thick and heavy.

He might be able to special order a thinner lighter weight one to his own specifications though. Actually, I don't think Ebay allows transactions outside Ebay.

Here's two lightweight leather "cardholders" that are thinner but the price goes up the thinner they get 🤔
1. https://saddlebackleather.com/leather-business-card-holder-slim
2. https://www.yoderleather.com/produc...MIvvz75uHA5AIVB77ACh3o9gIPEAQYByABEgKLfPD_BwE

Last edited:
i've been out of pocket a couple of days. Nothing going on, just down in the dumps. Felt better yesterday, okay today. Can't explain it. Felt bad, that's all. I'm happy got a place to chat (here) if I have something I want to say. Got something to read and I've been reading some, reading what others suggested and not really into it. Went to the library this morning. Wife looking for some good listening and wanted to see what is available through the library system.

I have three books I picked up the other day but haven't red any of them and didn't plan to get a book today. But I did. Maybe because I've been spending some time with my harmonica, both to exercise my lungs and to satisfy my pure enjoyment of playing some music well even if it is with the lowly harmonica. And in the back ofmy mind I suppose I've been thinking I might get another chromatic harp one of these days. I had one, a ten hole which I never played well but I'm better at it now than back in those days when I tried a ten hole chromatic. I want, I think, a good twelve key. I'm not ready for a fourteen or sixteen key.

I paused to fix myself a cup of tea, a regular stample at my place now days. This is bag tea, an assam tea, littlle on the cstrong side if seeped the minutes they suggest. I usually make a pot of tea every day but the day started out differently today so I had an extra cup of java.

The book I got at the library today I didn't plan to get. I asked the librarian if they had anything on music. She said they had no recorded music, and what was I looking for. I told her I didn't know but wanted to browse their books on music. They didn't have many but I spotted one, only
one, because of it's title, "Moving To Higher Ground." Now what kind of title is that? Sub-title is 'How Jazz Can Change Your Life." If it had been by any other authur I might not have gotten it, but it was Wynton Marsalis ( with Geoffrey Ward). I didn' know Ward but I have been listening to Marsalis on YouTube, jamming wth he and his band with my harmonica, attempting to learn a little bit about his Jazzy world in music. How many times have I listened to cWynton Marsalis and Eric Clapton together. I picked ukp the book, browsed through it and checked it out. Looks like it's got some simple stuff in it that even I might could figure out. The only thing it small print and I have only been reading large print for sever years but, I have a magnifying glass with a light and almost large enought to read across the page. Anyway, I'm going to reddit, then if I can, play it, and see what happens. I've been blowing a long time, but more recently. My lungs feel so good after a long session with that little harp.

The only other thing happening the past few days, I rode into dthe city with my son, he's been wanting to trade cars. His sunroof is leaking and that vwould cost him some to have it repaired. I don't know how much, doesn 't matter, he was in the trading mood. We were up there so long I almost ran out of oxygen. I had the setting on njmber one for for two hours to conserve. Anyway, he did trade over the next day or so and made a sensible trade. Got himself a good-looking Suburu. This is a nothing post, much like I've been feeling, but I'll try to do better next time, so don't hold it against me, dear Diary.

I've got one of these bluegrass keyboards and for a number of days, at least, part or most of the day, off
and on, it has not been working. I go to sent an eMail or text, I'd see this message: Their is no keyboard
for this computer, or something similar. I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea. I start to sign onto Senior
Forums, no keyboard. Last night I worked here for two hours trying to get my keyboard going again. It
didn't happen. I've followed all the instruction I have on hand, and can get online. I even got an onscreen
message from my computer, and I paraphrase, "This keyboard does not have the facility to locate it or pair.
Correctionon my type of keyboard, it's not a Bluegrass, it's a Bluetooth. Had i felt better today, I'd have
gone down to Best Buy and replaced this mickey mouse piece of equiptment with something that works.

I had a bluetoothc before I got this one. It didn't quite working, it got to where some of the numbers and
letters woudn't work. This happens overtime I lose power or accidently shut down my computer. During a
power interruption or surge, an electric clock will most often have to be reset, where as this keyboard goes to
intensive care and generally about when I decide I can't fix it or get it to come back on, it will. So tonight I
came to see what all I had bookmarked, it the computer started looking for the keyboard again. And all of a
sudden, it said once again to type this number it threw out on the screen. I've typed in more than a dozen
numbers already today the computer threcwe at me. But tonight i typed in yet another number, mnot
expecting anything positive. Behold and low, I have a working keyboard again. In addition to being tickled pink
at the thought my keyboard is working again, I'm relieved and exhausted. I've always thought computers
and all their components that make them worthwhile and workable are so temporary. Over the years I've lost
at least three hard drives due to lightning or I suppose my own ignorance; lost stuff I trusted to these gadgets,
old family pictures, all my military photos, family gathering and meals together. Okay, boys and girls, I glad I
can communicate again. Once again, have fun and enjoy the heck out of whatever you're doing. Later.

I got up this morning and stepped on the scales, a CVS model I have accused many times of weighing me heavy.
I topped out at 173.2. I haven't weighed that little since June 15 this year. I've still got a little gut but I expect that
will be the last to go. My son called yesterday and asked me to pick up my grand-daughter at school yesterday.
She got out at 12:06; he had a meeting. I don't mind, I'm glad to do it but I was just thinking: That's the second
time in over eight years he has done that. That's no big deal but my son is an independent sort of creature. He
walks back and forth to school, a little over two miles a day, several miles a week, winter and summer. I've offered
a ride, a permanent ride whenever. No dice. All that is neither here nor there, merely a comment.

I went shopping this morning. Shopping for nothing in particular, just wanted to get out of the house a while,
maybe practice my driving. Out for an hour or two, didn't buy anything, don't need anything. Yard man came today,
said it was going to rain tomorrow and he might as well mow today if it was okay. I haven't checked the weather,
don't know if its going to rain or not, sounds like a marketing spill to me, but thats okay; tomorrow is his regular day
to mow and trip. He does a real good job and I feel lucky to have bumped into him several years ago.

I know this is now the fall of the year but it sure has been warm. I almost bought myself a new jacket this morning.
I didn't but if there had been a nip of coolness in the air today, I would have bought it. I've got some clothes I'm
going to donate again this fall. I may need to replace some of them.

I didn't buy a new wallet. I did check with everybody recommended. I stopped by a shoe shop, think sometimes they
sell merchandise and maybe? They didn't but he asked me what i was trying to replace. I showed him my card
holder. He fixed ir forn me, sewed it up. Charged me two bucks. I'll use a while.

Yard looks good. Bird feeder has bird feed. I get a little bored. Sometime I wish I might live on a country lane where
on both sides of the roadway, photo opportunities existed galore and the only place I can think of is a lane in England,
photographed by Holly. She had some, what I thought, were wonderful country scenes. Well, we can't all live in the
middle of paradise. Still, I have a camera, a rather new camera, I'd like to break in. Diary, for the life of me that's all
I can think of. Say good night, Diary.

Recon I'm getting a little old be social, talking maybe when I should listen
and talking when I have nothing to say. Sometime that's the way we get,
and we oughta quit and we don't know it... Adios.

I didn't buy a new wallet. I did check with everybody recommended. I stopped by a shoe shop, think sometimes they
sell merchandise and maybe? They didn't but he asked me what i was trying to replace. I showed him my card
holder. He fixed ir forn me, sewed it up. Charged me two bucks. I'll use a while.
It's tough to find a good slim line wallet...that holds two-three cards and a DL

Don't care to carry anything in my rear pocket

I have a money clip for currency

Almost went to a custom leather guy I met at the Saturday Market

then....

found one at wally world

Still, they're scarce

I mentioned that I have been a bit bored. While sipping my first cup of coffee this morning I pondered the situation of boredom and restlessness I go through once in a while. I don't get that way often but it generally come about because I have nothing meaningful to do. After breakfast I got out all my harmonicas, cleaned them, dried them off and tested each one. After doing the dishes and taking my medicines I went into my office, shut the door and got out all my harmonicas.I played each one for a few minutes minutes. Cleaning and playing took most of the morning. I've got twenty working harmonicas. Lot of people don't like harmonica. I'm not a musician and never played an instrument of any kind. I picked up the harmonica because I have a lung disease and it helped me, a lot, so my doctors encouraged me to keep at it. I learned to play it. It's a good accent instrument and nmow I get up in the mornings and play for twenty or thirty minutes; lung therapy. The guy at theft over there reminded me
anyone could play a harmonica so now I play one and I'm playing so much better than I thought I would ever play. I sit in the mornings and think back to one of the songs my daddy or mama used to sing, an old irish ballad, a gospel song or something they included on this Country Music Special just ended that Ken Burns produced. I did hear a couple I didn'tn know and I'd like to learn because they are different, not son country, but stories, ballads. When you are as, when you have tried so at things you're not good at and fin ally find something you can do, its a good thing and it feels good.

I mentioned that I have been a bit bored. While sipping my first cup of coffee this morning I pondered the situation of boredom and restlessness I go through once in a while. I don't get that way often but it generally come about because I have nothing meaningful to do. After breakfast I got out all my harmonicas, cleaned them, dried them off and tested each one. After doing the dishes and taking my medicines I went into my office, shut the door and got out all my harmonicas.I played each one for a few minutes minutes. Cleaning and playing took most of the morning. I've got twenty working harmonicas. Lot of people don't like harmonica. I'm not a musician and never played an instrument of any kind. I picked up the harmonica because I have a lung disease and it helped me, a lot, so my doctors encouraged me to keep at it. I learned to play it. It's a good accent instrument and nmow I get up in the mornings and play for twenty or thirty minutes; lung therapy. The guy at theft over there reminded me
anyone could play a harmonica so now I play one and I'm playing so much better than I thought I would ever play. I sit in the mornings and think back to one of the songs my daddy or mama used to sing, an old irish ballad, a gospel song or something they included on this Country Music Special just ended that Ken Burns produced. I did hear a couple I didn'tn know and I'd like to learn because they are different, not son country, but stories, ballads. When you are as, when you have tried so at things you're not good at and fin ally find something you can do, its a good thing and it feels good.
Life is strange. Unfortunately, your lungs are challenged but that turned you into a musician and that in turn, helps your lungs. :D

Big Mama Thorton. She had a voice suited to the blues and to jazz. And she played a mean harmonica. Thank you for noticing.

Read this article this morning. It is rather upsetting that plastic is everywhere, not only in our oceans but in our water, our food chain, but now plastic teabags leaving billions of micro
particles in my drink. We are destroying our planet and ourselves.
Just One Tea Bag Can Release Billions of Microscopic Plastic Particles Into Your Drink, Study Finds

I failed to get a source but It is all over the Internet.

Read this article this morning. It is rather upsetting that plastic is everywhere, not only in our oceans but in our water, our food chain, but now plastic teabags leaving billions of micro
particles in my drink. We are destroying our planet and ourselves.
Just One Tea Bag Can Release Billions of Microscopic Plastic Particles Into Your Drink, Study Finds

I failed to get a source but It is all over the Internet.
I know... it's horrible what we're doing.

I hadn't heard of the plastic tea bags, though.

All these millions of individual water bottles we send to disaster areas....where do we think they're ending up?

Tea companies have known about the plastic in their teabags for some time because now we know they have been trying replace them but the public hasonly recently been informed.

I think all or most of the triangle teabags are plastic and many of the strings attached
To the bag are attached with plastic or sealedwith a plastic seal. I drink a lot of tea. I
mostly use whole leaf tea.

Got all dressed up this morning. Was going to the grocery store. But by the time time
I got my portable oxygen ready, I was rather short winded and some energy had
subsided. Too, there was a Big 12 ball game, starting at eleven a.m. Traffic is hard to
deal with when eighty thousand people try to get around and get to the game by
kick-off time. I decided to stay home. Got a brunch to go to in the morning so the
grocery shopping will have to wait until Monday a.m. I did get a short nap this afternoon.

Back