Gene Hackman's birthday

moviequeen1

My all time favorite movie actor,Gene Hackman celebrates his 90th birthday today
I have a few favorites:
"The French Connection'71
Twice in A Lifetime'85
Hoosiers' 86
Mississippi Burning'88
The Package'88
Narrow Margin'90
Class Action'91
He has won 2 Academy Awards,Best Actor for 'French Connection' best supp actor for'Unforgiven'92
He made a cameo in Mel Brook's 'Young Frankenstein'74,he played the blind hermit-funny
He retired from making movies in 2004

I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought he was dead!

1961 Mad Dog Coll

telly-and-gene.jpg

Ten fun facts about Gene Hackman0

Fact 1
Gene Hackman was originally the first choice to play character Mike Brady on the popular television series “The Brady Bunch.”

Fact 2
When he was 16 years old, Gene Hackman lied about his age in order to join the Marines.

Fact 3
As part of the Pasadena Playhouse, Gene Hackman met and befriended Dustin Hoffman. They were both nominated by their fellow classmates as “least likely to succeed.”

Fact 4
Gene Hackman was originally considered to play the part of Hannibal Lector in “The Silence of the Lambs.” The part instead went to Anthony Hopkins.

Fact 5
In 1946, a young Gene Hackman was jailed after he robbed a candy store. He was accused of stealing soda and candy.

Fact 6
During his years of acting, he has appeared in three films that were based on books written by author John Grisham. These films are “The Firm”, “The Chamber” and “Runaway Jury.”

Fact 7
Gene Hackman was roommates with Dustin Hoffman during the early years of his career.

Fact 8
There are three Steven Spielberg films that Gene Hackman turned the lead role down. These are “Jaws,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

Fact 9
Gene Hackman has played a fictional President of the United States in three films.

Fact 10
Apart from acting Gene Hackman is a novelist. In 2011 he released his first novel “Payback at Morning Peak.”

http://www.10-facts-about.com/Gene-Hackman/id/477

Much was made of Hackman's, 'The Conversation' in 74.
He was one of the first male leads that was not considered handsome.
We had become used to leading male actors that were 'pretty' that Hackman was an oddity.
I remember one line from a film critic,'...an unattractive male talking to a commode...'

Why does a particular phrase stick in your mind?
"Ma, he's talking to the commode again."
Funny to me, perhaps not others.

The reason why I've loved my favorite movie actor,Gene Hackman for so many years is because he can really act.He took a role whether its comedy or drama made it believable
Two of the funniest comedy scenes he did, cameo appearance as the blind hermit in Mel Brook's 'Young Frankenstein'.The other towards the end of the movie'The Birdcage',he walked down the runway in drag LOL

After, over thirty-five years in the entertainment industry, he was the biggest axxhole I ever met.
So in addition, to possibly of being a fellatioist, it comes as no surprise.

"Gene Hackman had an affair with Walter Brennen.
So said Cloris Leachman on Jay Leno on Thursdays show."

After, over thirty-five years in the entertainment industry, he was the biggest axxhole I ever met.
So in addition, to possibly of being a fellatioist, it comes as no surprise.

"Gene Hackman had an affair with Walter Brennen.
So said Cloris Leachman on Jay Leno on Thursdays show."
No, no, no, not Walter-what's wrong with these Hollywood people?

In The French Connection Bill Hickman drove the Pontiac at speeds of 90 mph while the cameraman sat in the back seat. There was no planning as Hickman said screw rehearsing I'm going to drive the hell out of this car and he did if you recall the Pontiac flying under the L train overhead track. Bill Hickman was also the driver of the Charger in the Bullitt movie.

Back