Getting help from an internet search.

The blower motor for my basement heater would not turn anymore, so I took it out to either repair or replace. The problem I had though was trying to remove the fan. It wouldn't budge even after applying penetrating oil. I considered a wheel puller but the fan blades would get in the way of the jaws. Googling got me the recommendation to clamp vice grips on the motor shaft and rotate the fan by hand and twist it off. Damn, but it worked! I was freakin' thrilled.

Ever find your solution on the web?
Yep, had a van window broken, with YouTube and a deep breath and 2 smokes and coffee (Feb 2013), I was able to replace it. All for $89 and I'd been quoted $250 cash.

It was 1971 when Ray Tomlinson invented and developed electronic mail.
I thought the first was Paladin??
iu

All the time!

Two of countless examples that occurred just this week.

I needed to pop the hood in the work van. I seldom use the van, have never popped the hood and couldn’t find the lever. Went to YouTube and searched “hood open Ford transit van” or something similar and a quick visual tutorial was right there!

Helping a client out together a bed frame. We’re redecorating her guest room. The frame was ordered from Amazon, the instructions were abysmal, incomplete and confusing. So I googled “assembly instructions for xxx frame” and there they were!

if I have any questions about pretty much anything I’m gonna Google it, ask Siri, go to Wikipedia, whatever needed to get my answers. My general knowledge has increased exponentially since the advent of Google! 😂

Google is awesome. Any time I have to do something that I have never done before like changing the oil in a riding mower, I google it. Living alone in the middle of nowhere I'll be darned if I am going to take a riding mower to town to get the oil changed. I have even learned how to diagnose and repair a problem I was having with my kitchen stove and to repair my own windshield when I get a chip.

Yes, I really like watching YouTube for most things. For example; old songs, but when it comes to fixing stuff, as long as I have a phone, problem solved. When I retired, I retired. I didn’t change jobs.

Always ….I google everything , and YouTube ,with their videos …..If don’t know, and that’s lots now ….mostly about the car, garden , plumbing , which used to be hubbys jobs

Actually ,I’ve just , this morning , had youtube video on, showing me how to cut my fringe right ,
and yep it looks ok ….😊

I just signed up to ChatGPT to check it out. It's quite interesting. It's keyboard-driven (although I suppose if you use a voice recognition system that might work). You can enter a question and it searches for answers to the question. So far it seems far more accurate than the Magic 8 ball I've been using.

The blower motor for my basement heater would not turn anymore, so I took it out to either repair or replace. The problem I had though was trying to remove the fan. It wouldn't budge even after applying penetrating oil. I considered a wheel puller but the fan blades would get in the way of the jaws. Googling got me the recommendation to clamp vice grips on the motor shaft and rotate the fan by hand and twist it off. Damn, but it worked! I was freakin' thrilled.

Check this Wikipedia article
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_heater

Or try Wiki HowTo
https://www.wikihow.com/Main-Page

This looks good
https://dengarden.com/appliances/HVAC-Maintenance-Tips-How-to-Clean-a-Furnace-Fan

Lasts but not least, try a search for heater fan on YouTube!

Hoping these help a bit, cheers!

I have a husband like that. Goes to the store for lottery numbers and always comes home with the wrong ones!
I know the odds of winning the lottery are impossibly thin. When I buy a lottery ticket I'm buying a ticket to some really nice daydreams for a few days. I realize I won't likely win but I sure do enjoy dreaming about what my life will be like if I actually do win!

Last edited:

Back