Guess it's only fair to ask, How do you feel about women over 60 with SHORT hair?

Not me...I hope!!! :oops:
eh, if it is a saying to shame older women into submission, then it fails miserably. I think women (and men) should live their lives to the fullest. My grandmother had hair down to her waist until the day she died. I don't believe she was trying to look like a lamb. I have hair that falls below my shoulders. I am not aiming to be a lamb. People should wear whatever length suits them and makes them feel good, IMO.

And mine is down to my tailbone and Iā€™m tall.
I could not give a @&)ā€ what others think of my hair. How others feel about me is none of my business
Ah, you agree with Dr. Sonia Friedman who said exactly that. I loved what she said in her book, ON A CLEAR DAY, YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF: "No matter what you do, someone important to you isn't going to like it." and "Though it is painful, rejection won't kill you and it may lead to growth."

I know there are different opinions on women with short hair, just as there are with men with long hair.
I'd love to hear other opinions.

J.
I have short hair and am over 65. I even thought about buying a short hair wig because I have a bald spot on to p of my head.

I have short hair and am over 65. I even thought about buying a short hair wig because I have a bald spot on to p of my head.
fanci, I wear a lot of wigs - love them. They've really given me a sense of freedom from doing a lot of hair fussing. Bad hair days are ok now thanks to "monofilament"...lol. Get a lot of complements, too, so what's not to love. Suggest you might want to find a wig salon and try some on so you can get a good feel for the type you would want. Love the catalog from Paula Young Wigs. Just thinking of buying another this week...they've got a big sale going on now!

Over the years, I have had short hair and long hair but short hair requires much maintenance - which costs $$. For a number of years we had enough income that I could color, trim and style my hair for $100 about every 8 weeks. Now we are retired, I don't have those funds so have let my hair grow. I also don't have a hair style that I really like so have just let it grow. Its now just below my butt and it sometimes gets in the way and I have to braid it up every night so it doesn't wrap around my neck :)

I had a long braid once before and was madly painting the interior of the house to get it ready to sell. Every time I leaned over to refresh the brush, the braid would fall into the can of paint. I HAD to cut it then :-D

Over the years, I have had short hair and long hair but short hair requires much maintenance - which costs $$. For a number of years we had enough income that I could color, trim and style my hair for $100 about every 8 weeks. Now we are retired, I don't have those funds so have let my hair grow. I also don't have a hair style that I really like so have just let it grow. Its now just below my butt and it sometimes gets in the way and I have to braid it up every night so it doesn't wrap around my neck :)

I had a long braid once before and was madly painting the interior of the house to get it ready to sell. Every time I leaned over to refresh the brush, the braid would fall into the can of paint. I HAD to cut it then :-D
Oddly enough itā€™s usually only the women who actually grow their hair really long who understand how much easier and cheaper it is to care for. Short hair requires maintenance , cutting , styling etc., whereas long hair just needs braiding or some type of updo. My long hair takes minutes to get ready whereas having short hair took ages to style.

I do the opposite and undo my braid at night time so it doesnā€™t wrap around my neck. Iā€™d better not give my husband any ideasšŸ„ŗ.
Its about 40 inches long. Iā€™d like to grow it to just below my butt which is considered ā€˜classicā€™ length.
Since my hair is curly , I loose a lot of length

I haven't cut my hair since the summer...Too much in the way...I finally called the Hair Salon....I will get a shorter cut....Not to the shoulder's,
at least to my neck....I really don't like short hair....My hair grow's fast....

i do feel, that elderly women , should not have long hair............i like short hair , on older women.....mine is collar length....i'm gradually going shorter.....

When I was younger I had long hair and then went to shoulder length for years. A few times I had it short. To each his/her own.

I now have my hair nearly to my lower back and am liking it this way again. Why not? There's no rule that says older women have to have shorter hair.

Back