Guess it's only fair to ask, How do you feel about women over 60 with SHORT hair?

I am a long hair liker. Short hair does look good on some as long as it is a feminine style, but on most it just looks like a chop job for convenience sake.

...like the reply I posted in the "Men's Long Hair" post, just be true to who you are and wear your hair however you like it, not for any other reason.:) I wear my hair long because it feels right for me and I like being able to wear it several different ways.

Some women can pull it off beautifully ! I always think of Jamie Lee Curtis . She's a natural beauty . I'm tossing the idea around of getting my hair cut short-er.
I'm scared ! I have such thick,straight hair , I'm hoping the upkeep will be easier. Now , if I take a shower before bed and go to bed with wet hair, it's still wet till the next afternoon ! I can't imagine the luxury of having it dry in an hour !

On other people, I couldn't care less. Each of us needs to wear our hair the way we prefer. My own preference is shoulder-length on me, though right now it is shorter because I'm growing the color off and plan on embracing the gray. Once I finish this painful process I will return to my "signature" bob. :D

It is up to the Lady, she will have had opinions from
various family and friends and will have the one that
suits her best.

There are still those who get it wrong, but I would
never suggest that it was wrong!

Mike.

I don't like long hair on myself. It is too thick and holds water too much. Even my hairdresser will have me to sit over in another chair after she has washed it and wait for it to dry some because it takes so long for it to dry even blow drying it. My husband always wanted me to have long hair but I told him he wasn't the one that had to care for it and it was too much of a pain when it is long. Now it looks good on some women but like others have stated, color can make a difference.

I prefer short hair ...I think it's so much easier to look after than long...and several times over the years out of exasperation with my own long hair...I've had my hair cut short.. I just don't suit it...really I don't, so I keep it long as you can see in my avatar....and it's a real PITA to keep it looking nice..

I prefer shorter hair that's the way I like it.
I have natural curly hair,in the summer months if I haven't had it cut in awhile it begins to get really thick on top,in back bothers me. Last week,I went to Super Cuts for a trim,hadn't been there since Aug'17,I was due.The only time I had long hair was in college in mid 70's,it was down to my shoulders Sue

I prefer short on older women; neat and clean. My mom was just the opposite. She had a conniption the day I came home with it cut short, but I've worn it that way ever since; much easier to care for. I was in my mid-20's then, so she really couldn't dictate to me. We used to almost come to fisticuffs over hair. Hers was so long and scraggly she looked like a stereotypical witch and I mentioned that to her. She said she'd rather look like a witch than a butch, then added my hair looked like a football helmet to her.

Back