Halloween 2021

8bf9cfc70354f4adb1a61c34f3a665f7.jpg

I'm waiting for the week or two After Halloween....when the stores sell their excess candy at a discount. We haven't had any kids stop by for the last 2 or 3 years....all the kids in our immediate area have grown up....the school bus no longer comes through here. But, I like to "splurge" on some candy....when the price comes down.

78f19bc6-3046-4373-aff9-a0149c2cf263.jpg

This image from 2017 represents a post-Halloween tradition in Nanaimo of discarding pumpkins along Jingle Pot Rd., in particular surrounding the East Wellington Fire Hall. (Sharon & Darrel Voss)
By NanaimoNewsNOW Staff
LIGHT IT UP

Nanaimo’s ‘Shady Mile’ pumpkin display lights up Jingle Pot area​

Nov 1, 2020 | 11:44 AM
NANAIMO — It might look a little different than in years past, but the annual Shady Mile pumpkin display still draws a crowd.
Coleen Budd, who has lived in the area since 2004, said the tradition has changed and dwindled a little over the years given growth and development along Jingle Pot Rd.
“When the fire hall wasn’t there, people used to put pumpkins all along the whole road, a whole mile of pumpkins and a man used to come at night and light them all.”
Now a majority of pumpkins find a home at the East Wellington Fire Hall, with other pockets dotted along Jingle Pot Rd.

78f19bc6-3046-4373-aff9-a0149c2cf263.jpg

This image from 2017 represents a post-Halloween tradition in Nanaimo of discarding pumpkins along Jingle Pot Rd., in particular surrounding the East Wellington Fire Hall. (Sharon & Darrel Voss)
By NanaimoNewsNOW Staff
LIGHT IT UP

Nanaimo’s ‘Shady Mile’ pumpkin display lights up Jingle Pot area​

Nov 1, 2020 | 11:44 AM
NANAIMO — It might look a little different than in years past, but the annual Shady Mile pumpkin display still draws a crowd.
Coleen Budd, who has lived in the area since 2004, said the tradition has changed and dwindled a little over the years given growth and development along Jingle Pot Rd.
“When the fire hall wasn’t there, people used to put pumpkins all along the whole road, a whole mile of pumpkins and a man used to come at night and light them all.”
Now a majority of pumpkins find a home at the East Wellington Fire Hall, with other pockets dotted along Jingle Pot Rd.
I wish I lived on a road called Jingle Pot!

Back